"Recently Added" for a specific Emby Library, how?

mbguy
Go to solution Solved by LongMan,

mbguy

I can't seem to find a way to specify the "Recently Added" shortcut for a specific library defined by Emby.

The default "Recently Added" shortcut combines movie titles from multiple libraries crated by Emby, which is not what I want, because I have separate Emby libraries for different types of movies.

I thought of using the "tag" function which points to specific Emby libraries but that seems to list all the titles instead of just recently added.

Any suggestions?

hstamas

Are you using the add-on setup or the native paths setup? If native paths couldnt you use smart playlists to filter your libraries based on the file path?

LongMan

Tag should work in either case. The tag is meant only to separate the libraries. To get recently added you should use "order by date added' order- descending and set a limit based on how many items you want. Example below. (playcount = 0, means only unwatched items will be there, remove if you want watched items to remain.)

<content>movies</content>
       <match>all</match>
           <rule field="tag" operator="is">
               <value>Kids Movies</value>
           </rule>

<rule field="playcount" operator="is">
               <value>0</value>
           </rule>
       <limit>10</limit>
       <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

LongMan

Edited by LongMan
  • Like 2

mbguy

Thanks for the ideas, guys.

Now I just need to read up on how to create smart playlists and how to manually edit those views.

• Solution
LongMan

I thought that you already knew how. I am not sure if you are aware but, thanks to Angelblue05,  the add-on creates video nodes (similar to smartplaylists) for you in the video library. Just go to Videos>Library>Emby. There you will find a complete set of nodes for each Library, including Recently Added. You could just use those.

Detailed instructions here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26121-tutorial-how-to-set-up-kodi/

Cheers,

LongMan

• Like 2