Kodi doesn't let go of a removed Emby music libray

CharleyVarrick
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

CharleyVarrick

About a month ago I replaced my htpc laptop with a shinny new NUC, very happy with it, functionalities, speed and so on. I do have a couple of minor issues since switching.

Once I have watched a tv episode, I want to delete it.

I right-click the episode and select Emby Options, then Delete item from the server.

This dialog box closes and nothing else happens, and the tv show does not get deleted.

59009edfb74a9_Capture1.png

If I do the same steps from my main computer, when I select Delete item from the server

I get an additional dialog confirmation box. Hitting yes work. 59009f9a09481_Capture2.png

Why doesn't the htpc gives me the delete confirmation dialog box?

Looked everywhere to no avail

Edited by jlr19

xnappo

Hmm - can you please post a log from the one that isn't working after selecting the menu option?

CharleyVarrick

Sure, which log, Emby or Kodi?

EDIT: Assuming it was Kodi, here it is:

Last attempt at 09:53

kodi.log

Edited by jlr19

xnappo

Ah - this was recently fixed in 2.3.47 which is in the beta repo.  This box is still running 2.3.46.  

xnappo

CharleyVarrick

I am running the same 2.3.46 version on both machine, one has the issue, not the other... :unsure:

xnappo

Well it is due to language encoding.  Something must be different there.

2.3.47 - trust me.

09:53:05.063 T:572  NOTICE: EMBY.dialogs.context -> option selected: Supprimer un élément du serveur
09:53:05.070 T:572   ERROR: C:\Users\jlr\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\context_entry.py:143: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/releases/tag/plugin.video.emby-2.3.47

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick

I did saw the Unicode mentioned in the 9:53-ish log lines, but didn't thought much of it, as before I very recently discovered the file delete issue,

Kodi was able to delete files while setup in either languages.

Would just switching the HTPC Kodi's display language back to English be a working alternative?

I'll try and post back. If it doesn't work, I'll go for the beta.

Here's a more precise picture:

Office PC: can delete library+file. Desktop Windows 7 French edition, running Kodi in English

HTPC: can delete library entry, can't delete file. NUC running Windows 10 French edition, running Kodi in French.

xnappo

Yes, that will fix it.

Why don't you want to upgrade the version?  I can push it to the stable repo if you want..

CharleyVarrick

Yes, that will fix it.

Why don't you want to upgrade the version?  I can push it to the stable repo if you want..

I usually go for stable versions, I"m pretty much a chicken safe player.

Heck, when I got Kodi 17, within 24 hrs, I switched back to the old confluence skin.

xnappo

Ok, that is a wise choice really.  I will push a new stable Sunday (travelling right now).

CharleyVarrick

Thanks @@xnappo

appreciate what you're doing, keep up the great work!

Cheers!

EDIT: Earlier, I switched Kodi's language back to English and the delete file(s) confirmation dialog is back

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

I discovered something odd this weekend, again with my living HTPC NUC with Emby for Kodi

Last week I pulled the plug on the music library in Emby, & left only movies/shows/videos.

The expected result was immediate on my work pc, as Kodi didn't display any music content anymore.

Oddly enough, on the htpc, music is still not only displayed, but accessible (playable).

How can that be when the boss (the server on which Emby resides) is not listing music library anymore?

Edited by jlr19

xnappo

It built a database from your Emby server which will still work, but it will no longer be updated.  If you want to delete it you can reset the db.

I pushed .47 to stable btw.

xnappo

CharleyVarrick

It built a database from your Emby server which will still work, but it will no longer be updated.  If you want to delete it you can reset the db.

I pushed .47 to stable btw.

xnappo

I did reset db yesterday morning, then restarted Kodi which updated all content, music still displayed and accessible :wacko: .

I just redid the reset db a moment ago, this time answering delete all to the 3 questions). Restarted Kodi,

It asked if I want addon mode (yes) and enable music library (no) then began rescanning and will be for a while,

Movies and tv shows looked empty (for now), music was still showing latest albums

I'll report back when its done rebuilding.

PS: I previously did uncheck "enable music library" in Emby for Kodi settings/Sync Options 

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

Scan is done, all my movies and tv shows are back, but Music still displays music, and it's playable.

This is peculiar... Ghost in the machine!

CharleyVarrick

I thought I would say I changed this thread's title to better reflect that the original issue is solved, thanks to xnappo.

There's still the last issue, so if anyone has any pointers to offer.

Its no emergency at all, but I'd like to resolve it nevertheless.