Multi-part movies

Luke

Poor man's support is coming soon, as follows:

- supported for video files only

- the additional parts are basically the same thing as trailers, theme videos or special features

- the movie you currently get through the api will represent the first part.

- there will be a new PartCount property and an api call /Videos/{id}/AdditionalParts to get the rest of them.

- they all will have their own user data and resume points.

That's it, it's a compromise just to get them to group together, but i have no interest whatsoever in making them a first class citizen due to the complications they will bring for just a small number of people.

Impact to ui developers should be low if you treat them in a similar fashion to special features (but display differently)

Good day Luke,

Well I count myself one of the "small number of people" :)

Well, whom doing dvd9 rips in the past, most of the title was in 2 part dvd's.

I used to do some joined for 2 video_ts to be one, but now, I do not think I will go that way.

So as I understand it, poor man support it the only way will get for it?

No matters what, you indeed doing great to just support that, well done as always.

My best.

Well for one I'm glad we did not have them to begin with because I want them to react to the system, and not the other way around. So we will fit them in as best we can, and I think add more capabilities over time. I think eventually we can add them for folder rips. That will at least provide the same compromise for dvd and bluray. But combining them into one virtual item is where it starts to get difficult and that's where cost/benefit ratio comes into play.