Emby for Android/Web UI - Sort albums by year

Henry78
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Henry78

I'd like to see the (vanished?) option to sort by year. Currently it's only possible to sort by release date, which's missing for the most of my albums.

Henry78

Hi!

I appreciate the instantaneous reply.

I just tried it again, and sorting by "Release date" isn't working here. Years ("Edit info") of the first albums, while sorted: 2009 - 1999 - 1969 - 2003

Not sure if this is a local problem. More strangely I think this worked recently. I have to dig into this problem, you got any hint where to start?

Edited by Henry78

I would use the metadata editor to check that your albums actually have a year value. to do this, click onto an album detail screen, then use the 3-dot menu and select Edit.

Henry78

...use the 3-dot menu and select Edit.

Yeah, that's where I got the posted years (2009 - 1999 - 1969 - 2003). Ergo: Sorting isn't working here.

I can't reproduce the problem. It is sorting as expected here in my testing. Are you sure you're clicking release date? 

You will want to review that all the albums have year values (not just a few), because if any are empty then they will be arbitrarily placed either at the beginning or end of the results.

Henry78

Yes, it is probably misusage or a local problem. Definitely the feature request is completed.