Emby Theater not working with madVR

DrJekle

What about just application defaults and no edge filters. Can you try a complete uninstallation and install Emby Theater clean, then do nothing else besides enable madvr? thanks.

Guest asrequested

I'm not completely sure how to share the file. Do you have a Google drive a account I can send to?

If you upload to your google drive, you can share a link to the file. How big is it?

DrJekle

Its about 500 MBS. But since it was recorded in wmc it might not play due to the copy protection and how it is flagged.

Edited by DrJekle

Guest asrequested

Its about 500 MBS. But since it was recorded in wmc it might not play due to the copy protection and how it is flagged.

Yeah, it may be. try Luke's suggestion and see what happens

DrJekle

I thought I could try using another player to see what would happen. I can confirm that the file will play using mpc-hc and madVR.

DrJekle

I'll get one uploaded by Monday. I'm out of town now for Easter weekend. Hopefully it will play for you.

Guest asrequested

Ah right, yes sorry. I was thinking of another thread :) 

You have an HD 530 GPU, right? There shouldn't be an issue with that. Any chance there was a driver update, and something changed?

DrJekle

I have an nvidia 1060. There are was a driver update but I rolled it back in case that was the issue. I even performed a system restore point as a fixall but so far no luck.

Weird that I only see it in ET and not mpc-hc

It could be a graphics driver incompatibility with madvr introduced by newer drivers, and the only fix is going to be for us to update the embedded madvr.

DrJekle

It could be a graphics driver incompatibility with madvr introduced by newer drivers, and the only fix is going to be for us to update the embedded madvr.

Would I still be seeing the issue even with rolling back drivers and older release of madVR?

Guest asrequested

Well, I can't find a way for it not to play. I deleted the COMObjects folder, changed filter set etc. It's playing as I type this. It's MPEG2, can you play other MPEG2 videos with theater? 

Yes Theater is going to be getting a shiny new video player. From now until then I would just set the video renderer to Auto. Thanks.

DrJekle

Well, I can't find a way for it not to play. I deleted the COMObjects folder, changed filter set etc. It's playing as I type this. It's MPEG2, can you play other MPEG2 videos with theater?

Well of course it behaves for you :)

I'll have to test and confirm. Right now I know it will play h.264 with no problem. Other MPEG2 files I have tried gave the same result.

I'll try setting it to auto and see how that does. What's the ETA on the shiny new player?

DrJekle

So of course it's now randomly working. I went to confirm the other MPEG2 files, and just for the heck of it started the same file I sent you Doofus and BAM the file plays back just fine.

DrJekle

And now it's not working again, although with it set to auto there is no problem playing MPEG2 files. I'll wait for the new player to update