Emby Theater not working with madVR

DrJekle

DrJekle

Well this is how it goes

1) Press play in Emby Theater of a recorded program (with some testing some live tv broadcasts do not work but movies in my library do)

2) Emby Theater displays only a black screen with Emby Theater OSD

3) Audio of program can be heard, no video (film, picture, etc) with a black screen 

Recently had madVR crash and sent report to them.  They responded quickly stating it was a crash in xysubfilter, not sure if that corresponds to anything else going on.

Guest asrequested

How is your hardware configured? Receiver? And can you post screenshots of your theater settings, audio and video?

DrJekle

I don't think this is hardware related as it works using EVR. Just madVR causes no video to be played. I can attach screenshots once I'm home

Guest asrequested

When MadVR is active, take a look at what display device it's using. Sometimes it'll switch. In my case, it would switch between receiver and TV. You may have something similar.

DrJekle

So I took some pictures of this occuring and something I have never seen before during playback is the xvsubfilter icon. Particular I have noticed this on mpeg2 playback (we have a lot of recordings for my toddler).

madVR is not switching my display on me.

I have never messed with the xy or lav filters/options before so odd that all of a sudden it has sprung up.

post-1398-0-50162000-1492210829_thumb.jpg

post-1398-0-28746300-1492210846_thumb.jpg

Guest asrequested

Ah! Then it might be an issue with the subtitles. Try disabling subs in the ET general settings and see what happens.

DrJekle

Turned off subtitles and still no video playback only audio. I also turned off hardware acceleration as I read that could be an issue with mpeg2 formats. Although I'm still thinking there is something with the xysubfilter as that icon never was there with playback before.

Guest asrequested

Can you post a screenshot of the file details? If you use a browser, find the show and scroll to the bottom, the details will be there?

DrJekle

There is the file details for the recording that I have been attempting to play with madVR. It was working the other day (toddlers favorite episode to watch haha). It does play with EVR.

post-1398-0-41922600-1492219224_thumb.png

post-1398-0-57468300-1492219233_thumb.png

Guest asrequested

I see you record with WMC. Have you tried a clean install of ET? The other thing you could try is to delete the contents of the MadVR folder and unzip the latest build in there. And set to Edge filters in ET

Edited by Doofus

DrJekle

You read my mind doofus. I did a clean install of ET, than also unzipped the latest madVR build. I even tried the previous build for good measure and still nothing.

Granted I never deleted the contents of the madVR folder. I just ran the uninstall batch than copied the latest build and performed the install batch as an admin.

Guest asrequested

You read my mind doofus. I did a clean install of ET, than also unzipped the latest madVR build. I even tried the previous build for good measure and still nothing.

Granted I never deleted the contents of the madVR folder. I just ran the uninstall batch than copied the latest build and performed the install batch as an admin.

Try emptying the folder and unzipping directly to it. Don't run a batch file. Set to edge filters and restart ET

Edited by Doofus

DrJekle

Try emptying the folder and unzipping directly to it. Don't run a batch file.

Should I delete the whole comobject folder and unzip?

Guest asrequested

Should I delete the whole comobject folder and unzip?

No, just delete the contents of the madvr folder, and unzip the latest build directly to it

DrJekle

Still no luck. I deleted the madVR folder than extracted directly in. I made sure edge filters were set and still no video image. I did take a picture of the xysubfilter that pops up and the menu options that are there. Is this normal that it should be showing up?

post-1398-0-28979000-1492221389_thumb.jpg