Upgraded Server - used db backup to restore - missing TV settings?

gleep52
Go to solution Solved by CBers,

gleep52

I upgraded my Emby server and used the database backup plugin and followed the guide here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Backup

Everything looks like it got ported over - users, custom theme settings, etc.  But the only library that kind of works is my Movies library.  My recorded TV is empty, but there should be plenty of info to fill.  I started a new scan of the library, and after it finishes it still is empty in Recorded TV.  (Yes, I've triple checked the paths/folders)

Also, when I go to Live TV, and click on Records, Schedules, or Series - the spinner just spins itself to death - no information is ever displayed.  

Also 2, the DNLA service is checked on, but it is not broadcasting again.  

The log file says: 

Corrupt: database disk image is malformed

How can I fix that?  Log file attached.

server-63627724799.txt

Try deleting the library.db file, it has become corrupted somehow. This typically happens due to sudden abortion of the server process in the middle of an operation, e.g. killing the process, power loss, etc.

Then try running a scan after.

gleep52

I renamed the file to library2.db and now the server won't even start - splash page bar gets to about 20% and then freezes up.

gleep52

I gave up - removed it and all traces - reinstalled, restored from backup... it's doing a library scan again now.  I'll report back in a few hours when it's done scanning.

gleep52

Do the backups restore information like, what shows are marked watched, if we were part way through a show at the time of backup, recording series that were setup?

Happy2Play

Do the backups restore information like, what shows are marked watched, if we were part way through a show at the time of backup, recording series that were setup?

It says it restores resume points.  But I don't believe is does recording series yet, I could be wrong as I don't use that feature.

User Playstate, Favorites, Resume, etc. - Select original user and user to import data into

gleep52

Well my library scan JUST got finished... that was a long time :/

However, none of my TV shows or movies show as watched - we were currently watching our recorded season of The Flash, and it still says they are all unwatched.  All of my favorites are gone too... Nothing is in my recommended area... looks like the restore process doesn't work so smoothly.

Also - where is the recorded series data stored?  I have my old server I can pull data from - I just need to know where to look.

gleep52

I just did the manual recover process as well, including the sqlite stuff.  Still the same - no favorites or resume/watched status.

Also, now when I go to setup my new TV shows, it says I need premiere even though my key is entered and shows I support on the dashboard...?

gleep52

I had Emby shutdown when I did the manual restore process.  Turns out I had to re-enter my key and restart after that and now that part is fixed.  Sure wish there was a way to restore my favorites and watched status.  That's a killer :(

gleep52

Thank you Luke - I have already tried that.  Twice.  When I do it, it erases all of my favorites that I've already reselected, so I know it is doing SOMETHING, but it's not doing what it's supposed to do... 

gleep52

I followed this guide to a T.  Both via plugin and manual process after removing all traces and a fresh reinstall.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Backup

EDIT: I've done the plugin three times now.  Choosing only to restore the option: 

User Playstate, Favorites, Resume, etc. - Select original user and user to import data into

That didn't do anything except erase all my favorites that I reselected now.

Edited by gleep52

gleep52

The only thing I want restored at this point is my watched show/movie progress.  I've resetup my favorites and tv series recordings.  Any way I can access JUST that data via sqlite/db browser?

Happy2Play

Are you Restoring Users and  User Playstate?  Of just trying User Playstate?

gleep52

I restored all originally, then restored playstate a second and third time.  Second time as a test to see if it brought it back, and a third time after I chose some more favorites and the third import erased my new favorites.

You can't just select watch data by itself, you get all user data, and yes, that will wipe out current user data that hasn't been backed up.

gleep52

but as I've already proved in my previous attempts - the restore process isn't working.  Is there a way to see the data in the database tables itself?  

Why don't you think it's working? Have you reviewed the user mappings on the restore settings screen to make sure the data is being restored to the correct users?

gleep52

It's not working because none of my shows that I'm certain I have watched are marked as watched.  None of my favorites show up after a restore.  And yes the user mapping is correct.  Seven users, all mapped 1:1.

One possible explanation is that the metadata has changed for those tv series. For example, the combination of tvdb and imdb id's may have changed, maybe one was empty before and is now filled in, or vice versa. That is what the user data is keyed on so that could be it.

Happy2Play

Does a restart happen during the restore process?

gleep52

One possible explanation is that the metadata has changed for those tv series. For example, the combination of tvdb and imdb id's may have changed, maybe one was empty before and is now filled in, or vice versa. That is what the user data is keyed on so that could be it.

That seems like a pretty poor setup if that's not saved and restored on the new system.  Why does it even need to do a full library scan?  Can't that be part of the backup to avoid this whole mess?