Emby/Android Build for Abandoned PBO Alpine?

DGCupit

DGCupit
Any Tech savvy guys want to make a few thousand Patriot Box Office (PBO) Alpine owners happy?

The PBO Alpine is an Android 2.2 box about the size of a FireTV that plays most video formats natively at 1080, but has no real Apps for it, and since it's Android 2.2, APK sideloading is limited to very few apps.

What would be great for all of us PBO Alpine owners would be if someone could either figure out how to get a newer android on the box, at a minimum, allowing the sideloading of the Emby app, or come up with a build, sort of like the RaspberryPi for the Alpine.

Suddenly there would be thousands more Emby Set-top boxes to become Emby clients, making a lot of people happy (as the boxes are almost useless now) and possibly drive the sale of additional Emby Server apps in order to fully take advantage of their now useful Emby clients.

Trust me when I say that I'm not the person to take on this challenge. I do not have the skill or background for it.

But if you want to pick up a PBO Alpine (not the PBO Core) for cheap on EBay and take a stab, it could be a fun challenge.

-Donald