Logs show stopped playing but it still is.

Animosity022

Animosity022

I've noticed this a little bit here and there and I'm not sure if the ATV client issue or something more related to the server so I figured I'd start here. 

I'm sitting watching a show now that still has like 20 minutes left. It's playing just fine but I can see in the logs, it shows played back has stopped. It happened once. I paused it, hit play and it showed back up. A few minutes later, it shows stopped again and it still has some time left.

The title of the show is "The Other Girl in New Orleans" so please don't judge :)

The show has about 15 minutes left with a timestamp now being 6:11PM EST.

server-63627084459.txt

The beta server has some changes that might affect this so I would try again with the next release of Emby Server. Thanks.

Animosity022

Doesn't seem much better in the latest. I didn't stop nor pause that episode as it marked stopped just after 5 minutes but seems to issue another stop when it was actually done.

kInfo?UserId=d8a9efa714b544d7a3023359b11b6d08&StartTimeTicks=0
2017-04-09 23:03:13.3684 Info Trakt: Playback Started
2017-04-09 23:08:13.3691 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app tvOS 1.0.17 playing Give 'Em Hell Kid. Stopped at 60 ms
2017-04-09 23:08:13.3699 Info Trakt: Playback Stopped
2017-04-09 23:45:46.5711 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app tvOS 1.0.19 playing Give 'Em Hell Kid. Stopped at 2553001 ms
2017-04-09 23:45:46.5722 Info Trakt: Playback Stopped

server-63627364663.txt

Edited by Animosity022

legallink

If I understand the problem correctly, I think it is just an odd server behavior where it seems the client loses contact with the server but still gets file access. I see this too when a file is direct streaming. The server will not only not show that the client is streaming a file but it will indicate that the client isn't even active.

It isn't a problem in that the client still works just fine and my experience is it also saves resume spots. Just an oddity in the admin dashboard and logs which appear to be inaccurate.

Of my worries, this is towards the bottom but I'm sure other people may disagree.

Animosity022

The logs/dashboard show the direct stream stopped, but in this case, I'm actually sitting at the TV and I am 100% certain it's still playing because I'm watching it. It seems to happen after the first ~5-6 minutes of watching a direct stream.

I'm not quite sure how the log will help as it just shows it as 'stopped' after a few minutes and never seems to kick back in the logs yet it's still playing and it shows a proper 'stopped' when the ~42 minute show is over at the end.

Does that make sense?

Animosity022

I read back through that and seems similar, but doesn't look to be fixed from that post.

The other thing I just noticed is that the stop events are from 2 different version of the TVOS App listed there for there stop events, which seems puzzling to me.

I'm positive I didn't have any other TV nor an older App as we have 3 ATVs total in the house