Scanning Stuck with NAS

avshmu
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

avshmu

I have Emby 3.2.9.0 installed on my Windows 10 PC, running with a Qnap TS-459 Pro+.

Configured folders to be synchronized and items have started showing for some of my libraries.

Still, at least for some of the folders/libraries. only partial content is showing.

I looked at some related topics in your community, and as suggested there, I removed all the plugins I ever installed in Emby.

Looks as nothing changes. While some libraries show all content, even if some pictures and other data is not there, other libraries are either shown empty, or list only part of the items of the associated folders. 

I noticed that, in Settings > Library, scanning is stuck in the same position forever. This always like that, even after restarting the NAS and the PC. Please take a look at the screenshot I attached here.

Can you help with this?

post-200979-0-66921800-1490979807_thumb.png

avshmu

Hi,

I have already verified that, scanning of media on my NAS does progress, very slowly. I can wait, hoping all media content (about 7TB) will eventually be sorted.

I also see that, the information is saved with the media inside my NAS. Hopefully will this make switching to Emby on the Qnap easy.

Meantime, I still use my PC for that scanning, but suspect I will have to get its drive formatted or replaced, as it acts strangely for quite some time.

In case I reinstall the PC from scratch or use another Windows computer with a newly installed Emby server -- what will be the best way to make the lengthy process of scanning less painful and time consuming?

Thanks,

Avi

Edited by avshmu