Emby Server Crashes - Looking up "People" Metadata

strugglez

strugglez

I don't know if I have configured something wrong as I have just done a clean install of CentOS Minimal and got Emby running etc. I've shared my library over a network share and mounted it so Emby can see the mounts.

I have scanned the library with most things running perfectly. However, when using the browser (Chrome) to explore my movies, the server sometimes crashes unexpectedly while (from what I believe it is) retrieving the missing "People" metadata or it's locking up downloading the metadata. I have tested this also using Windows Emby Theater as the client instead but it doesn't replicate the problem using this however. When I reboot the server, the missing People metadata that was missing is there for the movie that was browsed and doesn't persist until another movie is missing the People metadata. If I post a server log will this show this shop up with an error and when it crashed? let me know and I'll post it up if it can be of assistance to anyone.

Cheers

strugglez

Here is a screen shot of when the server crashes, and here is another of one after the server reboot.

Cheers

post-640-0-84127300-1490770558_thumb.png

post-640-0-80639100-1490770744_thumb.png

Edited by strugglez

Try deleting this file

/var/lib/emby-server/metadata/library/69/699d33895fb151a834165b788efc16ae/backdrop.jpg

strugglez

Okay, deleted that file, and now I tried searching another movie and it still happened, Here is the new log and associated screenshots.

Cheers

post-640-0-55550700-1490771328_thumb.png

post-640-0-36566800-1490771336_thumb.png

post-640-0-52735600-1490771347_thumb.png

Log5.txt

No, it looks like it's crashing trying to read 0-byte image files. Those files might have been saved that way due to a download failure and a previous version of the server incorrectly leaving them there. For the next release I will update the server to ignore these bad files altogether. Thanks !

strugglez

Hey Luke

That sounds like it's more inclined with what has happened as I was rebooting the server throughout the initial library scan/metadata pull process.while I was also playing around with mount points and network shares.

Could it possibly be done, that the corrupt files or files that didn't download properly be deleted automatically along with the "clean library" feature?  Is that what that feature is for? Sorry for the daft question.

(PS - an off topic question, I see that there is an update 3.2.9  as it notifies me on the dashboard. I tried manually pulling from the stable repository and reinstalling Emby. It told me it was already installed and was the latest version but it however is only version 3.2.8.0 still. Is that the way I would update Emby by doing it manually as there isn't an auto update feature for linux? and if so, is the linux repositories updated online for linux or just windows atm?)

Cheers

Edited by strugglez

strugglez

I'm back yet again.

Edit - I take that back, I've found out that the problem is happening within the Emby Management side of browsing the library via the web browser as opposed to the problem happening at all from the client side (Theater) via the browser.

Well, I've come to a quick fix/work around for now, as I have set the systemctl daemon to automatically restart the server upon crashing. It restarts fairly quick, within seconds in fact and for the media/metadata giving the problem in question, it then disappears as per my 1st post until another movie/data entry is corrupt or not downloaded etc. One thing that I have pointed it to, is the server end movie management side and not the client side.

Hopefully it can get fixed. Anyway, I love emby, and I love the support here for it. Great community, keep up the great work.

Cheers

Edited by strugglez