Program Artwork with XMLTV / Schedules Direct

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Tested, no problem found.

confirmed, wow what can i say? pretty sure this wasnt working a couple of weeks ago when i tried it.

was also able to add a second SD line up, added a random Texas zip code and done

Spaceboy

Tested, no problem found.

actually, one more question if i may. is there a way to preserve scheduled recordings if i change the epg back to SD from xmltv?

I have not really been testing that so I am not quite sure to be honest. If I had to guess, manual recordings will probably OK but series recordings will be wiped out and regenerated with the new guide data.

Spaceboy

I have not really been testing that so I am not quite sure to be honest. If I had to guess, manual recordings will probably OK but series recordings will be wiped out and regenerated with the new guide data.

well before that, i think there's still something more that needs to be looked at here. there are a lot of channels that are matched using the xmltv route that are not matched letting emby do things. the first of these is shown in your pic above. using xmltv with the same line ups i have epg for sky2. you do not

CBers

I'm seeing lots of gaps in the GUIDE as well.

Sometimes it's complete but others aren't, then if you run the scheduled task again, the missing data is filled in, but something else is missing.

well before that, i think there's still something more that needs to be looked at here. there are a lot of channels that are matched using the xmltv route that are not matched letting emby do things. the first of these is shown in your pic above. using xmltv with the same line ups i have epg for sky2. you do not

I made one minor improvement that will be in the next release that fills in a few more channels, including Sky Two, but there are still a lot of empty channels because they are just not in the SD lineup. So make sure to check on that before reporting an issue.

I'm seeing lots of gaps in the GUIDE as well.

Sometimes it's complete but others aren't, then if you run the scheduled task again, the missing data is filled in, but something else is missing.

How to report a problem.

Spaceboy

I made one minor improvement that will be in the next release that fills in a few more channels, including Sky Two, but there are still a lot of empty channels because they are just not in the SD lineup. So make sure to check on that before reporting an issue.

there are a number missing still using the xmltv route, but a lot more missing with the SD route. when the change comes through i'll do another comparison

Spaceboy

logs sent, its better but still not as good as using xmltv. i refreshed twice and it didnt change on the second refresh.

the first channel you should look at is 1046, i'm not sure what logo it has pulled through, it says Evine but no epg. using xmltv i have the correct epg for Lifetime. Another 1061, it has the correct logo but no epg. next 1066, wrong logo and no epg. next 1068 wrong logo but correct epg.

as you can see its a bit all over the place

1046, tested, no problem found. For the others you're going to have to be more specific about what result you got and what result you expected. Since these are testing builds of the server you may need to completely remove the live tv setup, refresh the guide, then add it back.

Also, if you log in to SD it allows you to preview lineups so that you can personally compare the SD lineup to what you are seeing in Emby. Please make sure to do that. Thanks !

Spaceboy

1046, tested, no problem found. For the others you're going to have to be more specific about what result you got and what result you expected. Since these are testing builds of the server you may need to completely remove the live tv setup, refresh the guide, then add it back.

Also, if you log in to SD it allows you to preview lineups so that you can personally compare the SD lineup to what you are seeing in Emby. Please make sure to do that. Thanks !

Agreed, I did it a 2nd time fully clearing the prior live the and restarting the server. Worked fine then

@@CBers I'd just use this method now rather than going the xmltv route