Web UI Inconsistency

HumanPanda

HumanPanda

Hi Emby Team,

Not sure if this is known or has been pointed out before. But, there is an inconsistency in how you display episodes for a Season of a show. If you open a Season vs if you open an episode. If you open a season every episode is displayed and a new row is formed if needed. However if you open an episode in that season, all the episodes of the season are shown as well under More From Season X but, it is only on one row and has a scrollbar. The scrollbar seems out of place in such a seamless UI and I don't think it was designed a such.

Thanks,

phiyuku

bfir3

The scrollbar seems out of place in such a seamless UI and I don't think it was designed a such.

No doubt. And just because it's by design doesn't mean it's the best choice.

arrbee99

My admittedly minor pet hate is having the images in the scroll bar bigger than the episode image.....

58cf5277d1979_EmbyEpisodes1.jpg

And while we're at it Play having a dark grey background, Hamburger thing a light grey background, Tick and Heart a transparent background and 720p etc a grey and transparent background.

• Like 1

HumanPanda

No doubt. And just because it's by design doesn't mean it's the best choice.

Yes, most definitely. It is most definitely as designed in that it was programmed that way but, was this format purposely chosen or something that was overlooked in a UI redesign or for some other reason. No matter what though in the end it does look inconsistent with the rest of the UI design which is why I brought up this thread. I would also have to agree with arrbee99 at least about the thumbnail size as when you are on an episode page the main star of the page should be the episode itself. Having the other episodes appear larger than the episode you are looking at just doesn't seem right as well.

Kind of agree with arbee99's point on "Play having a dark grey background, Hamburger thing a light grey background" since those are both controls. Technically heart and watched ticket is a control but it is also a display of information.

As for the 720p etc I kind of think of them as tags so they can have their own thing going too.

Edited by phiyuku

Koleckai Silvestri

Horizontal scrolling areas should have left and right arrows as needed to page through the content. These would work on touch devices as well as standard laptops and desktops. They also provide a better-looking interface than a standard scrollbar.

If you don't know how this would work, look at the interfaces used by Netflix and Hulu.