No Hardware Accleration 7th Gen I3-7100

JeremyFr79

JeremyFr79

Well I can tell you I found out the very very hard way that kabylake only works on Windows10.  The video driver will NOT install on anything else.  I think this is due to the new security features to implement support for Netflix 4K, etc.  Needless to say this was supposed to replace my media center machine as a whole, and in the end I had to move my old media center hardware to a new case and throw it in the rack in the garage to keep my cable card Live TV.  I was not a happy camper to say the least!

Guest asrequested

Microsoft are pushing hard for people to use windows 10. I'm already using it, so not an issue for me.

Guest asrequested

I just had a thought. It may also be something to do with the Z270 chipset driver or motherboard bios. Since that chipset is a large part of what makes the new features possible. Oh man, I so want to play with this.

JeremyFr79

Microsoft are pushing hard for people to use windows 10. I'm already using it, so not an issue for me.

So am I, but Windows10 has 0 support for CableCard after the last anniversary update so even though you can load media center and everything else you need, there is literally NO WAY to make live TV work if you're using Cable Card, and since I refuse to go back to a traditional DVR system that will not be integrated into Emby etc, I have to maintain a Windows7 system to have media center.  Though now that it's running headless i can probably take it up to Win8.1 with no issue.

JeremyFr79

Considering I'd have to buy 3 to replace my 2 Cetons and I have a tightwad wife, nope not really :D

JeremyFr79

Not to mention our 1 TV is still utilizing a MC Extender (Xbox360) for live TV, and that's the one she uses most and it just works.

JeremyFr79

So looks like I'm gonna have to play with Kodi or something else as a front end for now on this machine as ET seems to be nowhere near ready for primetime yet like I thought it was :(

Guest asrequested

That sucks. That's kinda why I want to get a strong CPU, so I can throw anything at it, and it'll handle it.

JeremyFr79

That sucks. That's kinda why I want to get a strong CPU, so I can throw anything at it, and it'll handle it.

Considering this if for media playback only and nothing else I shouldn't have to waste money on a CPU I don't need because the capabilities of the CPU I have are not supported properly for one reason or another.  If I was gaming on this thing it'd be another story, but this is literally doing nothing but watching TV or playing movies.  Software decoding also always lends itself to it's own quality issues in playback etc that you don't have with true hardware playback.

Guest asrequested

Considering this if for media playback only and nothing else I shouldn't have to waste money on a CPU I don't need because the capabilities of the CPU I have are not supported properly for one reason or another. If I was gaming on this thing it'd be another story, but this is literally doing nothing but watching TV or playing movies. Software decoding also always lends itself to it's own quality issues in playback etc that you don't have with true hardware playback.

I agree, but the industry grinds its way further along the technological evolution, dragging us along. Or in my case, chasing after it lol

Edited by Doofus

JeremyFr79

I just ended up loading up Kodi Krypton, and it's chewing through everything with full Hardware acceleration, and since it directly interfaces with serverwmc the live tv functionality is damn near as good as WMC.  I'll keep checkin in on ET from time to time hoping they can get it sorted out at some point.  And all my other devices are still going to stay Emby.

Guest asrequested

I'll be testing, too. I'll post on here with any updates. A couple of weeks, and I'll be able to start.

• 1 month later...
Xanthos

with the test-version of Emby Theater still no suppport for gpu hardware acceleration of HVEC (x.265)

with the test-version of Emby Theater still no suppport for gpu hardware acceleration of HVEC (x.265)

Hi @@Xanthos, it certainly does support it. Please describe your issue in more detail by seeing how to report a problem. thanks !

Guest asrequested

590f771b8662b_Snapshot_97.jpg