Emby app for Samsung TV hangs

Kubla Khan

Kubla Khan

I am having trouble with my Samsung UN50KU6300F hanging during movie playback.  I am using the Emby app for the Samsung. The server is an 8TB Western Digital Red 6GB/s 5400 RPM on a home network. Three movies have had the "hang" problem and none have played all the way though.  They are pretty simple DVD rips to Video_TS.

The hangs have occurred from 23 minutes in to about an hour.  When the hang occurs the screen freezes and seems to be buffering.  From that point on nothing happens.  I can close the app and start over from the hang place but it hangs there again.

I have the logs from the latest hang.  There are 180 of them.  I selected the first and last and middle logs and am attaching them to this topic title.

Kubla

Log First.txt

Log Last.txt

Log middle.txt

Hi, this playback requires transcoding, and transcoding of folder rip structures is something we only consider experimental. It is very important to keep that in mind. For best results, you'll want to convert to video files.

So with that in mind, any kind of seeking is going to be a challenge here, so what happens if you just start from the beginning?

Kubla Khan

Yes, I just read a pretty good thread with advocates for both.  Think I will try a couple of films in each format and maybe go with the easiest convert.