[CoverArt] suggestion

schmitty

schmitty

I think a redesign is much needed, to offer better and easier configuration for treatments.

Here are a few suggestions:-

All titles get the main treatment from the default profile

Default profile:

1. Remove options and custom treatments.

2. Add Physical, Digital and Mixed options. So users can setup different treatments for the different source types.

3. Bring back the ability to expand/collapse the cover styles in the picker.

4. Offer more options for MediaInfo icons, stored in "metadata\MediaInfo\icons".

TV and Movie profiles:

1. Parse the titles from the Server Library, to allow for setting the cover type treatments. eg... DVD, Blu-Ray, HD, SD, etc.

Movies:

1. Drop-down list to choose Source type (Physical/Digital/Mixed), which grabs the main treatment from the Default profile.

2. Drop-down list to choose format type (DVD/Blu-Ray/HD/MKV, etc...)

TV Series:

1. Drop-down list to choose Source type (Physical/Digital/Mixed), which grabs the main treatment from the Default profile.

2. Options to choose if it is a series-wide treatment, or per-season. If per-season, the option in point 3 will only treat the series cover.

3. Drop-down list to select format type (DVD/Blu-Ray/HD/MKV, etc...)

4. Per-season treatment (Digital and Mixed sources only). Title can be expanded to show seasons below the series.

a. Drop-down list to select format type (DVD/Blu-Ray/HD/MKV, etc...)

For Physical series, show MediaInfo icons on the series and season covers.

For Digital and Mixed series, show MediaInfo icons on the season covers, if all episodes use the same codecs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by schmitty

CoverArt is slated for a redesign and simplification.

What is "SourceType" and Physical, Digital and Mixed?

These are not concepts that currently exist in Emby...

schmitty

CoverArt is slated for a redesign and simplification.

What is "SourceType" and Physical, Digital and Mixed?

These are not concepts that currently exist in Emby...

Basically, my library (and probably most users libraries) are made up of titles which are sourced from both physical media and digital downloads. One series in my library, Big Bang Theory, the first four seasons are taken from DVD - and use the DVD treatment... the other seasons are HD downloads, and therefore use the HD treatment... this is what I would use the Mixed treatment for.

This categorisation would be used only for cover treatment in CoverArt, as it is probably not necessary for server-side implementation.

As an example, I currently use the Plain Case treatment for Physical titles, the Flat Case for Digital, and will probably use the Metro Case for Mixed sourced titles.

Edited by schmitty

funwithmedia

I'll throw in my 2-cents that I'd like a way to indicate a "SourceType" of "Online" (or equivalent), which in this case would likely mean doing something defined on Tags (since Emby doesn't yet have a SourceType for Online content like Vudu, Amazon, etc.).

I have a fair amount of content in services like Vudu, Amazon, iTunes Movies, etc. which I'm listing in Emby using Media Stubs. I Tag these items with tags to indicate which service the Movie (or TV Show) exists in, but last I check Tags are not displayed in the Emby Theater interface. So, being able define some visual cue using CoverArt that is tied to Tags would be super-useful to me.

For those further interested in this angle, here's a few related posts:
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44012-emby-server-and-emby-theater-support-for-custom-media-stubs-andor-an-online-media-stubs-andor-filename-string-matching-for-external-player/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44010-emby-theater-external-player-custom-messages-particularly-for-media-stubs-and-tags/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44013-emby-server-and-emby-theater-itunes-movies-and-tv-support/

schmitty

Perhaps, a Source drop-down menu could be incorporated into the metadata (at or near the top), in the server... so CoverArt could automatically choose the treatment from the title, rather than just through the plugin... then themes and other plugins could use it too.

Happy2Play

Actually there is the "Treat image as" field already that you can manually add  Blu-Ray, DVD, HD-DVD, but I don't know the entire list that can be added.  Only applies to Movies though.

schmitty

Yes, I know. I was thinking of a more global option.

• 2 weeks later...
schmitty

I'll throw in my 2-cents that I'd like a way to indicate a "SourceType" of "Online" (or equivalent), which in this case would likely mean doing something defined on Tags (since Emby doesn't yet have a SourceType for Online content like Vudu, Amazon, etc.).

I have a fair amount of content in services like Vudu, Amazon, iTunes Movies, etc. which I'm listing in Emby using Media Stubs. I Tag these items with tags to indicate which service the Movie (or TV Show) exists in, but last I check Tags are not displayed in the Emby Theater interface. So, being able define some visual cue using CoverArt that is tied to Tags would be super-useful to me.

For those further interested in this angle, here's a few related posts:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44012-emby-server-and-emby-theater-support-for-custom-media-stubs-andor-an-online-media-stubs-andor-filename-string-matching-for-external-player/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44010-emby-theater-external-player-custom-messages-particularly-for-media-stubs-and-tags/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44013-emby-server-and-emby-theater-itunes-movies-and-tv-support/

That is the idea behind the Digital source... anything which is obtained online, or "digitally".

funwithmedia

That is the idea behind the Digital source... anything which is obtained online, or "digitally".

Cool.

So then you're thinking something like the following then?

Physical: refers to physical media (which is listed in Emby via Media Stub).

Digital: refers to digital file or online video site.

Mixed: a mixture of the two.

Personally, I think there's value in differentiating between "digital file" and "digital-online". Digital file can be determined by the fact that Emby will scan the digital file. But I'd love to see Emby eventually have a conceptual category (and then appropriate architecture) for online-only media (probably via Media Stubs, as I've already suggested). But as @@ebr mentioned, these are things not currently a part of Emby.

schmitty

Physical is movies and tv series I rip myself, or could be a Media Stub or ISO.

Digital is anything which is obtained online (even if the download may have originally come from physical media).

Mixed is correct.

That is my personal thought though... it could be open to interpretation, I suppose.

Edited by schmitty