Roku Beta - Shuffle All (REQ)

skidmarks

skidmarks

This is probably my number one request for the beta...  (this is almost a deal breaker for me).  Can you please incorporate a shuffle play (from the entire library) for music videos?  No genre matching or anything fancy.  Just a random shuffled play list.  Maybe just a 50 or 100 random play list.  Simple selection when you hit the *. 

Thanks in advance...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Allan Cameron

I would like a shuffle all for all library's. Its handy to have a "shuffle all" for unwatched TV Shows. Plex already does this nicely.

I go to my unwatched TV Shows.. select the shuffle and sit back and watch one after the other ..non-stop ..new episodes. Its just like cable TV lol

The best part is i don't have to watch a bunch of episodes in a row from the same show. Its awesome.

Would love emby to add this, others will enjoy it.

Edited by Allan Cameron
  • Like 1

mjktg99

I would like to add to this on regard to music. There is a way to shuffle all but I have to go into an artist or album to do it. And in that instance I would think I am only shuffling that album or artist but it actually does my entire music collection

I would like to add to this on regard to music. There is a way to shuffle all but I have to go into an artist or album to do it. And in that instance I would think I am only shuffling that album or artist but it actually does my entire music collection

Are you sure you aren't using the "Instant Mix" feature instead of shuffle?

mjktg99

Are you sure you aren't using the "Instant Mix" feature instead of shuffle?

So I did use instant mix, but then how do I get to the shuffle option?  I didn't see any type of play menu from the 'all artists'.  And if they are different features, then Instant Mix should be accessible from a higher level if its going to mix all.

It seems like 'shuffle' and 'instant mix' are almost the same thing so then why would we need both options.  I think we really just need, shuffle (current selection album/artist/season) and shuffle all.  And it needs to be accessible from every play menu (ie Music/Movie/TV Library or drilled down to the individual artist/album/TV Season.

Shuffle - randomly sort the contents of the current container (album, artist, series, etc.) and play them

Instant Mix - choose a random set of items from my library that are similar to this item (artist, album, etc.) and play those.

Two very different operations.  Think of Instant Mix kind of like a Pandora Station for an artist or album.

This is probably my number one request for the beta...  (this is almost a deal breaker for me).  Can you please incorporate a shuffle play (from the entire library) for music videos?  No genre matching or anything fancy.  Just a random shuffled play list.  Maybe just a 50 or 100 random play list.  Simple selection when you hit the *. 

Thanks in advance...

Dealbreaker? The blue neon app does this two ways. Use the "I feel lucky!" button on the homescreen and enjoy random selections of everything.. or... load a row of videos, ie. your music video library row (wait for the row to entirely load from the server to avoid having placeholder items culled for lack of metadata) then press play directly on the row instead of entering the item. This will invoke the continous play prompt, from there you have several choices: shuffle, in order, etc... I don't think the beta has video playlist support..yet?

You can also shuffle music tracks by artist, genre, studio in the blue neon app. I don't think this is possible in the beta. I know studios for sure arent there..yet?

skidmarks

I did install blue neon a week or two ago.  When i was seeing if it had better load times then i was getting with the, i dont know is it still "the beta", beta?  A lot of great work has gone into blue neon!  But with my MS it was all just too overwhelming...  Which is a GREAT problem to have (if i was still in my chief engineer days).  Overwhelming to me should never be considered an insult to you...  Consider me an old dude, that has a condition, that occasionally lets me spark on a few weak cylinders!

I have put my full migration to emby on hold temporarily...  I've had a closer examination to server resource usage (ram / cpu loads) vs. media load times and it just isn't computing to me.

Officially a lurker again (for the time being) ...