How can I change the solid color tiles to something else?

gleep52
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

gleep52

Like "LiveTV" for example - how can I change that to a picture of a TV instead of a solid color tile?

Happy2Play

any way to make it a 'collection' off images like the rest? 

There are certain Home Screen library/channels that do not have dynamic images, so you have to make/provide your own.

Spaceboy

I understand why it might be more difficult to do this for live tv but it does look pretty awful when it doesn't match the remainder

Happy2Play

Why not copy the TV dynamic image?  Since they are the same correct?

• Like 1

Spaceboy

The simplest answers are the best, so where would one locate the dynamic image? I kind of assumed they were virtual

Happy2Play

The simplest answers are the best, so where would one locate the dynamic image? I kind of assumed they were virtual

A little hide and seek.  Click on your TV library and you will see the Parentid in the url copy that id and go to your /metatadata/library folder and search for that id number.  There you will find the dynamic image.

Now you can copy that image to a safe location and upload.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 3

Spaceboy

And then if I was being picky and didn't want 2 identical ones I assume I could delete the tv one and at some point over the next few days its would randomly regenerate to something else?

Happy2Play

And then if I was being picky and didn't want 2 identical ones I assume I could delete the tv one and at some point over the next few days its would randomly regenerate to something else?

I have yet to get Emby to create a different image.  @@Luke

Spaceboy

well this is bizarre. i did exactly what you said and in the web browser the tiles are identical. but i just switched on my nexus player hoping to finally see a nice coordinated set of icons and they are different. the first of the 4 series selected is the same in both but the remaining three are different. the live tv tile is the same as the tv and live tv tile in the webserver. the final series in the tile thats consistent in three places was only added in the last few weeks as well, its Shooter. i can see from sab that these were obtained on 05/02/17. i think i deleted the static tile image for tv around that point.

so mine does seem to have regenerated based on newly added media, bit weird that out of the 300+ series i have that its chosen the same one first both times!

anyway, ta

gleep52

Right click, edit images

Should have tried a desktop - was on ipad and playing around in Safari.

GOSH this community is awesome!

• 2 weeks later...