How can I change the emby logo?

gleep52

gleep52

I actually want to keep the logo, but change the text from Emby, to my home theatre PC name.  I tried editing AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\dashboard-ui\css\images\logo.png and logoblack.png, but even after restarting the server it is still handing out the original logo.png file... Is this not the right directory or something?

Many thanks!

Happy2Play

Sometimes you have to Clear you browser cache.

Note  the image is reset wth every server update.

gleep52

Sometimes you have to Clear you browser cache.

Note the image is reset wth every server update.

I tried a totally new browser that had never been to my site before. Are you sure I got the right file?

Happy2Play

Yes that is right location.  The browser even tells you that.  May be the image size is the issue.

58bcb1858b443_images.jpg

gleep52

Ahhh I was using a dark theme and that points the logo to the cdn site... too bad I don't know enough about CSS to modify it and let it look at my logo all the time locally instead and still have everything else update (dark theme) as new versions come out.

If you have any idea how to do that - I'd love to hear how.

shorty1483

Ahhh I was using a dark theme and that points the logo to the cdn site... too bad I don't know enough about CSS to modify it and let it look at my logo all the time locally instead and still have everything else update (dark theme) as new versions come out.

If you have any idea how to do that - I'd love to hear how.

Stood before the same problem, keeping Emby logo but set own servername.

Login:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19457-help-me-test-my-emby-server/page-5&do=findComment&comment=426393

Homescreen:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19457-help-me-test-my-emby-server/page-4&do=findComment&comment=425306

I also use BenZ dark theme which redirects the logos onto github. To make it work with the theme just be sure to put your logo CSS behind the dark theme code. You also don't need to set the logo path locally, use any image provider like imgur etc. and insert your logo address into the code from the links above.

Edited by shorty1483

• 2 weeks later...
gleep52

Stood before the same problem, keeping Emby logo but set own servername.

Login:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19457-help-me-test-my-emby-server/page-5&do=findComment&comment=426393

Homescreen:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19457-help-me-test-my-emby-server/page-4&do=findComment&comment=425306

I also use BenZ dark theme which redirects the logos onto github. To make it work with the theme just be sure to put your logo CSS behind the dark theme code. You also don't need to set the logo path locally, use any image provider like imgur etc. and insert your logo address into the code from the links above.

OK so I did this - and it was working perfectly.  Then we had a server update and it stopped working.  I had my logo files in a new subdirectory on the server for it to point too - but now I've switched to the 'net for simplicity's sake.  However, only my login page changes the logo.  The homepage SIZE will change but the logo itself still stays on the blue emby logo, not my custom one.  I even tried copy/pasting exactly what's in the links above for the home page and it still doesn't replace the logo - did something change with this server update maybe?

Happy2Play

OK so I did this - and it was working perfectly.  Then we had a server update and it stopped working.  I had my logo files in a new subdirectory on the server for it to point too - but now I've switched to the 'net for simplicity's sake.  However, only my login page changes the logo.  The homepage SIZE will change but the logo itself still stays on the blue emby logo, not my custom one.  I even tried copy/pasting exactly what's in the links above for the home page and it still doesn't replace the logo - did something change with this server update maybe?

Are you saying the Blue theme logo is overwriting yours?

gleep52

Are you saying the Blue theme logo is overwriting yours?

Yes the blue theme is overwriting mine after the update.  I *think* the CSS is correct since when I change the height variable, the size of the Emby logo changes, but it just doesn't display my logo anymore.

gleep52

From what I can see with my very limited CSS sleuthing, the lines I added about the URL are crossed out, but the height is still working...

58c9720f9cced_css.jpg

Happy2Play

The Theme has higher priority so you have to edit that line in the theme.

gleep52

The Theme has higher priority so you have to edit that line in the theme.

I thought the idea here was to not have to edit the original theme, but rather append our changes to it after the theme was applied to further modify it?  I don't want to download the theme, as I'd like to get the latest and greatest as it is updated by the original Author.  But if I understand you correctly, I just need to remove the important! tag on the original theme and all would work again?  Or can I increase the priority on my changes somehow?

Happy2Play

Yes removing !important from theme should allow your edit to work.  Or just edit that line with your information instead of adding more lines.

gleep52

Well at least I understand how to change it.  But that doesn't let me use any future updates that are applied to the original theme without a lot of work.  Would the best course of action be for the original theme maintainer to remove the !important line so we can theme stuff on top of his/her changes?  Your name looks familiar - are you a contributor to the theme?

Happy2Play

If we remove !important then the majority of the theme wouldn't work replacing Luke's default code. 

gleep52

How did it work just a few days ago?  Or is this some change that Luke made that now needs this change to be made as well?

gleep52

Isn't the point of CSS to be cascading?  So if something of equal !important (importance) comes after the previous value it wins in priority?  Technically this should work - so what is stopping this from working?

css for various components is not loaded until needed, so that means in most cases your css is actually loaded first.

gleep52

I just don't understand why it stopped working... even loading it in a new browser with no cache doesn't load it properly.  It IS loading the imported logo from the dark theme, it's just not loading my logo after the fact like it should.  The whole point of setting it up this way was to set it and forget it.  Sorry for ranting - I just can't wrap my head around why it's not working anymore especially when the CSS code looks correct and the cascading value should still be loaded and not crossed out as it is in the developer console.  

Happy2Play

I know nothing about any of this, I just mess with it until it works.

As for the log in page just changing, I submitted the update to Ben Z on the 8th to update the code that was no longer working.  He made the update on the 10th with the fix.

gleep52

Log in page works for my override, just not the homepage.  For that code I'm using:

/*-------------------------Home Logo------------------------------------------*/
h3.libraryMenuButtonText.headerButton img {
    content: url(http://i.imgur.com/FcNRQp4.png) !important;
    height: 65px !important;
}

gleep52

Got it!  Had to add this:

/* Image Files */
.imgLogoIcon, .adminDrawerLogo img, #loginPage img.imgLogoIcon, body > div.skinHeader > div > div.primaryIcons > h3 > img {
  content: url(http://i.imgur.com/FcNRQp4.png) !important; }

Sorry for such a hassle.  Threw my back out, can't move, pretty pissed at life.  Thanks for the plethora of replies in my piddly desires.

Happy2Play

Was just going to ask, what was wrong with your code?  I just added what you posted is post 23 and it updated my Home Screen Icon just fine with all existing code.