Additional data for custom live tv guide xml?

gardar

gardar

I'm using the inbuilt m3u tuner in Emby and have my own xml tv guide created with Webgrab+Plus (http://www.webgrabplus.com/)

I do have some success with the xml tv guide but there are few things missing.

What I've got is:

Titles, timestamps, length, description for tv shows and movies. I have also been able to get the logos for channels.

What i missing/problematic is:

I don't get any logos, etc. for the live tv. Are the logos and metadata supposed to come from a scraper in Emby or is the xml completely responsible for providing everything?

Everything is recognized as "Programs" and nothing as "movies", "sports", "kids"

Every show has a "new" logo on it.

Emby doesn't recognize tv shows as "series"

Can I improve my xml to get what's missing? Are there any guides on the format and what data the xml should include? I did find some data here on the forums and it got me to the point where I am now, but I can't find any information about what I'm missing.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't get any logos, etc. for the live tv. Are the logos and metadata supposed to come from a scraper in Emby or is the xml completely responsible for providing everything?

Xml tv supports logo urls, so that's where they need to be.

Everything is recognized as "Programs" and nothing as "movies", "sports", "kids"

See the xml tv setup page to learn how to map programs to movies, sports, etc. We know you've at least been on the page since you made it this far.

Emby doesn't recognize tv shows as "series"

Same as above.

As far as everything showing as NEW, once the mapping is taken care of this might take care of itself, if not then let's look at some examples, along with sample xml data. thanks !