Forceably Remove Client

brando56894

brando56894

Is there a way to forceably remove a client from the server?

My roommate connected his mom's chromecast to my Emby server, but I have since reinstalled. Now my log is inundated with stack traces every few minutes saying that she has an invalid token, she's also 1,000 miles away and isn't good with technology apparently. So now my logs are an absolute mess and hard to look at since there is no way to filter out anything, other than using command line fu.

thatoneguy99

If you don't have tooo many users you could change your port. Then just let the new users know your new port.

Sent from my phone!

It's possible because the server address is still the same. If you post the log maybe I can look at trimming the logging.

mastrmind11

It's possible because the server address is still the same. If you post the log maybe I can look at trimming the logging.

No I get that, but I thought you had to actually cast to a Chromecast.  I didn't think/know they maintain an active connection after the session ends.

brando56894

If you don't have tooo many users you could change your port. Then just let the new users know your new port.

Sent from my phone!

I don't use UPnP, so I disabled port 8096 on my router (I have a reverse proxy set up, so I access Emby via 443) and to my surprise it still kept showing up somehow.

If you post the log maybe I can look at trimming the logging.

I'll grab it for you soon, what would really be useful was if there was a way to turn of stack traces until you need to see them (such as a debug flag, or maybe output them to a different log?). As I've mentioned before I think the Emby logs are really diffifcult to read. First the filenames seem to not correspond to anything so I have to use ls -lh and look at the modified date to see which one is the newest, then I have to cat that file (copying the long string of numbers for the file name, which seem sequential), pipe it to grep to filter out the unneeded HTTP requests, then pipe it to less so I can start at the bottom of the log instead of having to scroll through literally tens of thousands of lines. A simple filter in the log section under Manage Server would go miles at making the logs far more useful. It's extremely annoying to have to scroll through tons of stack traces for things you can't fix (token error, my missing file error which I have posted before and we can't seem to resolve, gigantic stack traces when Emby can't reach a website momemtarily, etc...). Even with some command line fu, you can't filter these out because they're not tagged with anything (error, debug, crash, etc...)

brando56894

Any updates on this? This is really blowing up my log file since it writes a stack trace every 10 second and there's no way to stop it.