Series pooling doesn't work in Kodi

horstepipe

djhifi

How did you donate?

Don't know whats the point of making this publicly but since you ask: To the addon team I've donated 50$ via @@Angelblue05 and you can confirm with her. At the time, it was the only way (at least this is how it was explained to me). I would like to donate to the whole team atm, so please advise (via PM) as how to do so. Because I think afterall I didnt (when I thought I was doing it lol). But I also doubt that more than 80% of the users around here even made any donations to the addon team whatsoever. Oh well nevermind enough with the bragging. :D

this also answers @@xnappo

But during a long time only she was making upgrades to the emby for kodi addon. If you search the forums there is even a big thread of bug reports (also regarding pooling implementation) which I started and helped beta testing with the pushed updates in the GIT. So I may have a future in the Theaters for "Pure comedy gold" but I'm sure that I have already helped debug a lot of stuff around here and even paid for it willingly. Because I love EMBY and your addon as well. But I was just trying to do the same here with the series pooling sudden breakage on v17

Same goes with some implementations server side. Specially special characters on external subtitles.

Ive also donated the server team via oficial site. And yes, I'm aware those are 2 dif. projects.

If you want I can grab and forward all the links and PMs confirming all this but I really think the offtopic is getting large and pointless atm. I ask for your excuse if I've been harsh to you by the way.

@@xnappo thanks for the break down of symlinks, I will try and test it. But can you link me to some kind of tutorial because that involves accessing the Synology via terminal, am I wrong? And also, is this viable to implement on an already raided system? For example, if I remove 5 of the 6 folder locations from the scan and insert the symlinks will it work or do I need to completely clean the RAIDs in question and only then add symlinks?

Im really working towards a dif. solution to my media NASes altough Im not fond of RAIDING more than 4 HDDs together but I think its best if I address this problem on my side instead of working around it everytime something breaks up on the pooling addon side.

And no, I'm not in hurry I just read null_pointer reaction and feared that the dev team didn't believe it was broken. It is and I'm just hoping for a fix, nothing else. Whenever you guys have the time.

Cheers and thanks for continuing with this project @ and @@xnappo my KODI couldn't live without it (I have 3 KODI machines in my home).

Edited by djhifi

xnappo

Okay - fair enough re: donations - that is appreciated.  

I personally don't like complexity either so that is why I use the SYMLINK technique - it is pretty simple.  

We have actually been talking about this same issue - the complexity of the addon and keeping up with Kodi db changes long term.  Some changes are coming to Kodi 18 that may make it make sense for us to display straight from the Emby server without using the Kodi database for TV.  Even in Kodi 17 this might work better now - I may play around with it a bit.

xnappo

• Like 1

djhifi

Okay - fair enough re: donations - that is appreciated.  

I personally don't like complexity either so that is why I use the SYMLINK technique - it is pretty simple.  

We have actually been talking about this same issue - the complexity of the addon and keeping up with Kodi db changes long term.  Some changes are coming to Kodi 18 that may make it make sense for us to display straight from the Emby server without using the Kodi database for TV.  Even in Kodi 17 this might work better now - I may play around with it a bit.

xnappo

OK, so, after an extensive PM exchange with @@xnappo I will leave, for the time being, my RAID and file structure untouched and no SYMLINK messing around , in order (when the upcoming changes come) to beta test the speed and display of things and server listings on a fresh .db grab for a big collection (5k movies and over 550 Shows) like mine.

I will also refrain myself from upgrading to KRYPTON the other machines.

This will make my single KRYPTON machine continue to display a plethora of tripled TV Shows for the time being, but I can live with it for the sake of contribution to future addon changes/fixes.

I think that afterall it may be useful for part of the community on a future debug input perspective. Both on my LibreELEC's as well as my Nvidia SHIELD.

Thanks for the input and availability @@xnappo.

Edited by djhifi

djhifi

I only asked a question, the main reason for the question is that there is no official way of donating to THIS addon team where the team gets the proceeds.

My concern was there was a scam going around that made people think they were donating to THIS addon team but were in fact donating to something else.

If you have an arrangement with a specific dev for support or bug fixes that is fine but just remember that your arrangement is ONLY with that dev not the TEAM.

There are about 5 Devs that have contributed over time and a majority of us dont really need, want or expect donations.

With donations come an expectation of support and engagement that most of us can not and will not supply.

OK, I'm sorry if I didn't get your implied concern, it's quite valid actually. So, apologies on that miss.

And yes, I'm only aware of that now (the donation thing) altough I think you guys should try and implement a way of global donations, as you really deserve it. I just thought that by donating to Angelblue05 all of you guys would receive it.

I only now also became aware that this addon was firstly home-grown and only later community shared, which I thank.

Regarding expectations I really dont make them grow or decrease by forking XYZ amount of $$$. It's just my way of thanking all the coding hard work. And that's why I've donated on a time where a lot of bugs were still encountered in previous versions. Not everyone is the same, this is just my way of contributing. That, and BETA testing stuff.

With all this said, I'm sorry for my reaction towards you maybe being a little harsh/sarcastic sometimes. I love the development you guys do and look forward (whenever you have the time) to help wherever I can alongside (as said in my previous post). Cheers @.

Edited by djhifi
  • Like 1