Series pooling doesn't work in Kodi

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hey @@Angelblue05 @

I just realized that series pooling doesn't seem to work in Kodi (anymore). I'm not sure if this happens for a longer time or only since the last Emby for Kodi / Emby server versions, because I'm having only two tv shows which seasons are in seperated folders.

These folders are part of one emby library for tv shows and pooling is enabled. In Emby Web GUI everything is fine, but in Kodi the seasons from the second folder are missing.

Tell me if you need some logs but I think you should see the issue just by splitting up a tv show in two folders of one library.

Best regards

Edited by horstepipe

thatoneguy99

I had a similar problem. If you select manual sync under the emby add on settings it should show up. This is in Kodi, not on the server dashboard.

Sent from my phone!

• Like 1

horstepipe

I had a similar problem. If you select manual sync under the emby add on settings it should show up. This is in Kodi, not on the server dashboard.

Sent from my phone!

Unfortunately this didn't help for me.

Already tried a manual sync and a local database reset.

thatoneguy99

That also happened to me. Couldn't find out a way to fix it. Tried many options. Ultimately I setup LVM for my hard drives so I could have all the shows in the "same" folder. Took me 4 days with moving files around and reformatting hard drives.

Sent from my phone!

• Like 1

horstepipe

What does that mean? What are related shows?

The shows which are in the same library but in two different folders.

So The Walking Dead Season 1 - Season 5 are in folder A, Season 6 is in folder B.

In Kodi I have The Walking Dead twice now, one with season 1 to 5, one with season 6.

In Emby Web GUI they're pooled correctly as they should be.

thatoneguy99

That was my almost exact scenario. I actually had season 5 episodes 1-6 in folder A and the rest of the episodes in folder B. Separate seasons wouldn't have been too bad.

Sent from my phone!

What does that mean? What are related shows?

Series pooling works fine for me although I wish it did not happen in the first place as I think it is stupid beyond belief.

You can disable it in library settings if you like.

Series pooling in emby is crap, don't use it, use some other way.

Why do you say this? It works as designed.

thatoneguy99

In Emby using the webui it works great!!

Only time it's a problem is with the Kodi add on.

Sent from my phone!

Edited by thatoneguy99
  • Like 1

horstepipe

In Emby using the webui it works great!!

Only time it's a problem is with the Kodi add on.

Sent from my phone!

yeah, at the moment Kodi behaves as if pooling was disabled...

horstepipe

interesting, new, and off by default.

On the first sync, we get all the TV shows, get their IDs and add them all to Kodi. This only gives us the ONE id to work with as only one instance of the show is returned.

We then go through all the TV shows and for each ID we query all the episodes, this is limitings us to just the one ID that was returned in the above Tv Show sync.

For this reason we skip all the episodes associated to the other locations.

Now on a manual sync we actually get all the episodes and use the show ID to update them, this means we now how the show ID of the alternate locations and can add it to the show by Name. this is a limitation of how we are doing the sync, this is due to how the system worked when we wrote the original sync, it was not compatible with the new pooling systems.

That is why it is crap.

On my Kodi 16.1 clients they are pooled fine. So this seems to be a problem caused by Kodi 17.

Kodi_Newcomer

Im new to Emby. I have add all my Series source to 1 lib and activate the feature of series pooling.

But it won't work, the same like the others. But when i look at the webinterface there 2 same series to.

For example Vampire Diaries, The Walking Dead, Warehouse 13

post-190077-0-94405100-1487771843_thumb.png

post-190077-0-06868300-1487771847_thumb.png

Kodi_Newcomer

I think no. I had some problems with network username/password so i have reset the db and make a restart, after that, emby did his one work. So i think i didn't make a manuel sync.

djhifi

I can also confirm that series pooling stopped working in the addon side when I upgraded to KODI 17.

I know this because I needed to reset the database and after the initial sync and the manual sync (to grab all the id's) what I get is an output of all the seasons of all the shows showing as if they were individual tv shows. Which is annoying for me as I have over 500 tv shows and you can imagine that they are NOT on a single drive. And you can also imagine that Walking Dead from 2010 isn't on the same HDD of Season 7 lol (i have over 100 exemples)...

Also i dont know why @ hates series pooling, i wouldnt use EMBY if it didnt support it...! This is 2017, not 2137, people with home NAS need to keep adding HDDs until the TV Show in question gets cancelled or finished.

It's broken mate, and it's broken only in v17. Don't know why, im analizing debug logs atm but something def. changed, dont say it otherwise please....

By the way:

Problem lies on the original script of the addon I believe. It should be re-written. And pooling should never be overlooked, you can see that ALOT of people actually use it because im not the guy that views something and deletes it. I have a huge evergrowing collection.

Now all of us who upgraded to v17 are stuck with double and triple and quadruple results until:

A: a fix comes out

or

B: addon authors FINALLY decide to rewrite the code (because lets face that letting initial sync finish + running another manual sync is a royal PITA for ppl with huge libraries). Just for your information, in my case, this process takes about 3 hours lol. 5k movies 550 Shows.

If this never gets a fix addon side I may probably either start looking elsewhere for another server APP or try and go with the oficial EMBY app (which I think is FAR worse than KODI)...altough at this time displays stuff correctly!

I simply cannot raid my 20 HDDs together sorry :D

Edited by djhifi

djhifi

You need to do a manual sync at least one for the pooling to try to join the pooled series together in Kodi.

Sorry for double posting, dind't notice this feedback prior. It's broken mate. Outputs doubled, tripled, quadrupled TV Shows (if X seasons are on ABCD discs it displays 4 Shows, once for each season) Annoying AF :D

Edited by djhifi

djhifi

That also happened to me. Couldn't find out a way to fix it. Tried many options. Ultimately I setup LVM for my hard drives so I could have all the shows in the "same" folder. Took me 4 days with moving files around and reformatting hard drives.

Sent from my phone!

@@thatoneguy99 Thats a huge risk for mostly everyone, because you either have a small filesystem or you dont care about the health of your data/HDDs...Not everything Works for everyone and I would never raid more than 4 HDDs together, and even that makes me risk losing over 1000 movies and 200 TV shows if just ONE drive fails. Thing Is, I am already doing that. But I have over 20 HDDs.

This assuming youre on Raid0 and/or JBOD else you must be a millionaire (joking, but really who makes other raids therefore wasting Money on the extra redudancy HDD just for media files therefore even losing potential space). options options... :D

Edited by djhifi

xnappo

While I am tempted not to be helpful, I guess I will anyway.

Use symlinks.

djhifi

While I am tempted not to be helpful, I guess I will anyway.

Use symlinks.

@@xnappo Hello, I'm glad to hear that and that I have a future, as long as I keep employed I can keep donating to you (like I did) and be treated with such respect in the forums. Can you please advise why you think symbolic links would be better in the case of someone who has over 20 HDDs raided among 5 locations? Because that would involve me messing up with the actual file structure on the synology and also mounting and unmounting the volumes, am I wrong? I guess I need a little exploration on that matter as I've never considered it. I have been raiding 4 HDD at a time together and that is enough. But now I dont see this bug getting fixed anytime soon.

The problem with "normal" RAID expansion is that I also have movies on each RAID. Thats why I am unable to move back and forth large amounts of files atm, I simply dont have the time nor the will and above all, enough empty space because it would also mean I would have to add more disks to a regular raid hence risking it further.

PS: Just a little side note, thanks but I'm not your son (that last time I checked) :D

Edited by djhifi

xnappo

First, the Kodi addon is not part of the official Emby project if that is what you mean by donations. 

Regarding symlinks, it is just a better way to handle the situation in general, regardless of the software involved.

When you run out of space on a drive, just make a folder on the new drive that doesn't get scanned, and put links to there from the master drive.  Then even in the file system you can get to all seasons across multiple drives.

This will get fixed eventually, but if you are in a hurry you can look into the code yourself..

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1