Emby for Kodi 18 not working

jemus

mwoelfer

Yeah thanks for providing that link. I'll give it a try ;)

Edit:

So I gave it a try but I can't find:

-the expression "def getKodiVideoDBPath" in the file addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/utils.py

-the file kodidb_functions.py at all

-the expression "kodiversion" in the file addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/itemtypes.py

-the expression "# Process the album info" in the file addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/itemtypes.py

Tried it first on my Android Smartphone and than on my PC running Kodi 17.0 RC3.

On the PC emby runs without problems, I just searched for the mentiones files and expressions there as well because I couldn't find them on my phone at first.

As you said in the other post, we shouldn't ask you for support and you really don't have to give me any help, I will just wait for everything being stable. Just wanted to tell, that I tried to solve it but failed ;)

Open the following file: plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/database.py

Search for this: 

def video_database():
    db_version = {

'13': 78, # Gotham
        '14': 90, # Helix
        '15': 93, # Isengard
        '16': 99, # Jarvis
        '17': 107 # Krypton
    }

Add the following line directly under "'17': 107 # Krypton":

'18': 108 # Leia 

and don't forget to set a comma behind '17': 107

Edited by mwoelfer
  • Like 1

CarlosLima

Hello everyone. Even adding the above line in Leia did not work. In krypton it worked well.

• 2 weeks later...
Mdrodge

all very well and good saying don't use bleeding edge tech but my old box hard bricked, i got a new box and didn't want the old generation so i'm using unsupported tech (or presupported tech).....

or i'm trying to run an alpha witch to be fair is very good so far.

The choice for me is use 17 and have micro stutter issues and skipping issues or 18 alpha that uses all 8 cores and 64bit with no stutter.

i'm using 17 at the moment but i'm finding it a pain you can't blame me for wanting a fix.

The s912 from amlogic has been out for a wile now so you'd think the media coder in kodi 17 would be fine on it but its not.

i also cant get the 64bit version of k17 to run

I'm sure someone will tell me i don't need the 64bit version but to run a 32bit version i would really need a higher clock speed.

I'm sure someone might think i don't need to run on all 8 cores but again more cores = more heat = less room for clock speed.

Don't get me wrong the s912 is a beast and runs k17 32bit quite well but its not the correct tool for the job.

Some People may even tell me the 16 didn't support the 905-912 chips but 17 dose well i don't think that's 100% true

i didn't want a kodi version debate and no i cant run kodi 15 in much the same way my original xbox wont run kodi 

The anser for me is simple use version 18 as it is and wait for the bugs to be fixed.

Mdrodge

just looked to see if the s912 is still he top chip and its not even on there web site....

the s905 is the top chip on the AMLogic website.

so am i honestly expected to get another box again

s802 bricked

s812 sold cos i wanted to update (the h.265 support was missing)

rk3368 kodi fell out with rklogic and droped support then micro stutter set in (tried moving to other versions but no joy)

s905 the first one over heated and the second got very very very hot so i put a heat sink on it with thermal cerment, it still got very hot so i wanted to remove it and fit a bigger one but the cerment was so strong that i split the chip in two..... opps

so as you can see ive had a few boxes the two 912's i have now are good.

name one box that would suit me..... you'd have to say its the 912. 

DrVanSteiner

Someone in the german kodinerds forum made an update which he shares. I works at least for me.

You can find it here.

Edited by DrVanSteiner