Artist name MISSING in Kodi

cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi

I seem to have a problem artist in Kodi the name of the artists says "Missing" 

However it looks fine in the Emby web GUI. 

Artist is called "112" they are on TheaudioDB site here.

I've tried refreshing their metadata in the Emby server and also refreshing them in Kodi via the Emby options context menu. 

But still their name / title is missing.

589fa759af237_EmbyMissingArtist.png

589fa7a5c9e30_EmbyMissingArtist2.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Pitchshift

I have the exact same issue with one of my artists - 2Pac. I'm running the latest version of Emby for Kodi & Emby server. Kodi is installed on my Raspberry Pi via OSMC.

cw-kid

Actually just checked it again and that artist "112" is now displaying its name OK. So seems to have fixed itself.

cw-kid

Ignore my last comment. I was looking on the TV / HTPC and that is still connected to MYSQL.

Will have to check the test PC with the Emby addon for Kodi.

Its late here LOL.

yardameus

I have the same issue with 30 seconds to mars.  Tried refreshing, editing metadata tags, removing from library and re-adding.  No luck.

Pitchshift

I've had this issue for a while. Previously it was with an artist titled +44. I thought it was due to the + been in the title so I renamed them Plus44. After a new sync it showed 2Pac as missing instead.

2Pac is the third artist in the A-Z list. From the sound of the artists mentioned in this post (112 & 30 Seconds To Mars) they are high in the A-Z list so maybe it's an issue at the start of the music sync?

sualfred

I've reported this issue weeks ago. It only happens to the artist with id "1". The MyMusic60.db looks correct, and it has the correct artist name stored in the "artist" table.

sualfred

@

It seems that the ID field of the ARTIST table is causing it. All IDs with a higher value than 1 are working. I gave the faulty artist another ID and everything is correctly displayed. Maybe the ID "1" is reserved for other values in Krypton and the Emby addon has to start with "2"?

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Got a few of those as well, and for about half of them, the actual media file was "missing" (no mp3) from folder, there was only art/nfo...

sualfred

@@sualfred - It's happening with my artist of 2Pac though so I don't think it's related to the number 1.

I'm talking about the database ID not the letter/number in the name or anything you'll see in the frontend of a skin.

But I'm wrong. It's not caused by the ID and I still see no issue in MyMusic60.db

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

sualfred

Not really... Someone will probably have to provide the MyMusicxx.db file and say which entry is problematic.

Freshly scraped with the latest Emby addon on a wiped clean system:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj8g8aA7CEOwgewPx6vW_2-G1SyjVw

My faulty artist ist "3 Doors Down" with idArtist "1".

[Missing] is only displayed on artist level (musicdb://artists) and the music info dialog.

Screenshot:

skoWqmVl.png

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 2

sualfred

@@Angelblue05

Have you found some time to investigate the problem?

Slowly but surely I think it is a Kodi problem. I cannot find a missing or wrong value in the SQLite database file. 

Edited by sualfred

cw-kid

Got a few of those as well, and for about half of them, the actual media file was "missing" (no mp3) from folder, there was only art/nfo...

I just checked the mp3 files are still present for my "Missing" artist "112" which they are.

What program you use to open the Kodi music DB file and see what ID the problem artist has?

Be interesting if mine is also ID = 1

Angelblue05

No sorry, I haven't had a chance to look into it. I also do not have the time to work on the project, but I'll try to see if I can find anything when I have a moment to spare. 

To view the database @@cw-kid get a database viewer like DB browser: http://sqlitebrowser.org/

Edited by Angelblue05

• 2 weeks later...
sualfred

Just bumping this thread before the mysterious user Guest is going to close this thread because of inactivity ;)

Edited by sualfred

• 1 month later...
yardameus

It is for me.  I did notice when I was doing a library refresh that resulted in not too many artists (less than 100) being added to the library, that there was no issue.  Once all the artists (over 400) were added, the issue re-appeared.  I've tried checking the kodi forums a few times and I have not seen any issues reported there.

Edited by yardameus

Angelblue05

It's not a Kodi issue. It's for sure Emby for Kodi. But I just don't have the time to fix it. :/

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

sualfred

@@Angelblue05

I had a couple of minutes but I still don't see any problem with the DB. All DB cells are filled correctly and I cannot explain why Kodi acts like this. No idea...