Enable: Make available offline (Fire TV)

darrenkdean

darrenkdean

Similar to the Fire HD Tablets, the Fire TV Box has a Micro SD card slot that supports a 200gb+ micro SD card.  This yields a great little inexpensive box with good hardware support for the Make Available Offline feature, available on other devices.  Specifically where there are a large number of hops between the server & client device &/or in areas where internet stability is an issue.

I discovered in testing last night, that this feature does not appear in the Fire TV App as it does in the Android App or Emby App for Fire HD Tablets.  I would like to request this feature be added for the Fire TV box.

Best-

Darren

• Like 1

Will the Fire TV interface even come up without a good internet connection?

It is in our plans to get this functionality into pretty much everything but the mobile apps are the top priority.

darrenkdean

Will the Fire TV interface even come up without a good internet connection?

It is in our plans to get this functionality into pretty much everything but the mobile apps are the top priority.

I will test this evening.  I believe the answer is yes but will confirm.  While live streaming won't work until the connection comes up or stabilizes, the basic interface should come up & allow for apps like Emby & Kodi (side loaded) to be launched as well as Amazon Prime Streaming (offline mode) to be used.  More to come...

hooray4me

I would like to see this feature available as well.

Yes, the FireTV will work offline. see https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201460820

Being able to locally cache frequently watched shows will save us bandwidth and ensure we have live saving shows like Peppa Pig (if you have toddlers you'll understand) available if the internet is down.