TV media not playing correctly

Rumbaar

Rumbaar

On my Android devices I'm have issues playing my TV content, new and old.

On my Nexus 7 I've had it start to render the first frame and then it hung at that image and audio still plays, the same media on my Note 4 it plays by the video image is all messed up and audio plays normally.  Via chrome browser on Nexus 7 works fine, and the video plays on a PC.

On some older content, Emby, fails to render the image or audio and becomes un-responsive.  Running latest Google Play version of Emby for Android.

I've attached some server logs, let me know if need device longs?

Log.txt was one of the first attempts to play "It's always sunny.."

Log (2).txt was later on.

Log (1).txt was playing older content.

I've played a movie without issues, mp4 format.  sunny was mkv and red dwarf was rmvb.

Rumbaar

I disabled that, set to none. The Red dwarf media played. But no joy with the mkv sunny media.

On the Note 4, same garbled video with normal audio playing.

Rumbaar

I'm still having this issue, and I'm not sure how long it might have existed. I guess the majority of others are not having the same issue, or more threads with be posted.

The attached screenshot of the video I get.

post-176353-0-16316600-1485730333_thumb.png

maegibbons

How large is this file?  Can you upload it somewhere?

I have a Note 3 and S6.  Wonder if its a sammy thing?

Could try it out for you.

Krs

Mark

Rumbaar

I think a few hundred MB, but I've tried on a Nexus 7 (first frame, then stuck on the first frame), Samsung Note 4 plays jumbled video, Sony Xperia Z (unable to play the file, error processing the request).

I'll have to do an isolation test and post logs again.

maegibbons

Hi

I realy do think a sample file that people can download would be useful for others to test.

It can rule out device and environment peculiarities.

Krs

Mark

Rumbaar

I realy do think a sample file that people can download would be useful for others to test.

It can rule out device and environment peculiarities.

Well it's every file trying to play, and it's the same as others in the thread I've linked too.

Latest episode of Always Sunny, from your average torrent site will yield you the same file I was trying to play as an example.  But can try Suits, Vanderpump Rules, Big Bang Theory, to name a few.

Rumbaar

The server update seems to fixed the play back on my Sony Xperia device.  But the Samsung Note 4 and Asus Nexus 7 (2013) still have the same playback issues.

Note 4, jumbled static and the Nexus 7 displays one frame and only continues with audio.

Rumbaar

I tried deleting the cache and data from the Note 4 and starting again.  Of the two that do not work, the first frame displays and then they scramble.

Find the meta data for the files below:

Latest Vanderpump Rules:  Plays fine

589b0c054c030_vanderpump_works.png

Latest Suits: Does not play, first frame okay then it turns into a scrambled 4 screen version

589b0c3a41888_suits_notwork.png

Latest Bones:  Does not work, single scrambled screen

589b0c6f6576a_bones_notwork.png

Latest NCIS: Works fine

589b0c8e7bfa6_NCIS_works.png

So looks like MKV is part of the issue or the "Profile" type defined?  What is the profile type and what does it indicate and can I change this manually?

Can you provide a sample video of the file that does this on nexus 7? because i have a nexus 7 for testing and oddly enough i don't see this issue. thanks !

Rumbaar

Can you provide a sample video of the file that does this on nexus 7? because i have a nexus 7 for testing and oddly enough i don't see this issue. thanks !

How is the best way to connect you to a sample file?

I've PM'd you with a link to the file.

Cheers,

Edited by Rumbaar