Android app heavily distorted static fuzzy video picture 4 squares

akira6968

akira6968

So, about 1-2 months ago Emby for Android started playing most files like this, but not all. At this point, it seems to be everything. On or off wifi, transcoding or not, doesn't make a difference. I restarted the server of course, and enabled debugging in logs. I also tried the newest version of ffmpeg, cuz I dont know what I'm doing lol. Reverted back to the April 2016 version I've been using cuz newer version just resulted in black screen in most cases, this distortion otherwise.

Server version 3.1.2.0

App version is up to date.

Every other playback method works perfect, even when transcoding over mobile data (chrome on PC, chrome on Android).

Dunno if relevant, and I know it's in the log, but I'm using a Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910P). Same thing on my wife's phone.....but it's the same model LOL. Have to wait for kids to get home to try on any other models.

ffmpeg-transcode-e03e47e8-4ce8-4730-844a-be3bd933f0fe.txt

server-63620395407.txt

0ffcb12d-9f9a-4969-80f6-6b85e33615fb.log

post-115221-0-96682500-1484853121_thumb.png

• Like 1

akira6968

Dragged out a Galaxy S3 phone....updated the app and it's either a black screen (direct stream) or it completely freezes (transcoding). I dunno lol.

Same with cellular Samsung Note 4 . No problem using app external player.

Edited by Teddy

akira6968

in regards to the wait time- it's particularly inconvenient when you've only got, say, two minutes or less to watch some....adult material.... ijs. it happens, man.