Skin - How to get events from inputManager in a view

davidtjudd

davidtjudd

I'm trying to receive events from inputManager in a view but inputManager is always undefined. I've wired it up like videoosd.js from the default skin with no luck. 

I'm trying to implement paging within the movies\movies.js controller using the RC6 channelup/channeldown which is not a standard keyCode. My implementation is at https://github.com/davidtjudd/emby-web-davidskin/blob/gh-pages/movies/movies.js. Obviously I'm missing something. Any insight would help.

• Like 1

davidtjudd

Yep. I will probably create a new thread for it as I add functionality.

@@Luke, A few strange things I've noticed as I'm working on things.

• Routing seems to get confused sometimes. This seems to happen even with a vanilla copy of the default skin. As I navigate around the urls will start showing #!/plugins/defaultskin... This is also pretty evident when I go to my skin's options screen. The line "Emby.Page.setTitle(Globalize.translate('SkinName'));" will sometimes report Default Skin.
  • InputManager events don't seem to always fire. On the movies controller I've registered an on and off in the viewshow and viewbeforehide respectively. Using console logging I see the wireup happening as expected in Chrome. Strangely though it doesn't seem to always fire. It seems to work best after I've played a video.
  • The search and user icons will randomly disappear. I even went so far as to rem out the hide lines in onLocalUserSignedOut in plugin.js.

Thanks and let me know if you have any insight.

davidtjudd

I didn't have a repro when I posted that but the more I mess around I think it's only related to refreshing. If that's the case it probably isn't that big of a deal. 

Assuming you are running a skin hit refresh on the home screen (any screen should work). Navigate into any library. Navigate to an item's detail screen. The detail screen will be using defaultskin.