Bluetooth controls stopped working

Twiske

My Emby app updated to 2.8.52 and since then some of the Bluetooth functionality has stopped working. The next and previous functions both have no effect but play/pause work. Other apps still work fine over Bluetooth. Also probably related that next and previous in the controls for the app in the notification bar don't do anything either.

Server version 3.1.2.0

Looks like it switched to 2.8.54 sometime yesterday. The problem is still happening on that version. Also the song title and artist are swapped in the app notification and over Bluetooth now.

• 1 month later...
Twiske

Tried it out today and pause, next and previous are all working now over bluetooth and in the app notification. I do notice that it's still occasionally swapping song title and artist/album around 10-20% of the time. It's not any specific file though since if it happens I can try playing the song again and have that not happen.

• 3 weeks later...
pallentx

Hi. Just wanted to add something to this topic about the text swapping the song title and artist. On mine, the swapping occurs when the player pulls the next song from the queue/playlist, on its own. However, when I intervene, by pushing the "next" or "previous" buttons (either on the Android app itself, or on my car stereo that i'm paired with), the text displays correctly. When that song is over, and the player gets the next in the queue/playlist, the text switches again to being backwards--unless I push the "next" or "previous" button before it advances on its own. This occurs in Instant Mix, because that's generally all I ever do is an instant mix. Will test this behavior with playing a full album and/or playlist.  Currently running version 2.8.87

• 3 months later...
adam1010

Does this apply to TV shows as well?  I have two bluetooth speakers that I've used to watch TV on my Android phone/tablet (when outside, in the shower, etc) and the Play/Pause button on the devices do not allow me to pause & resume playback of my TV show/movie. The buttons work fine with music apps so I know the buttons are sending a signal to the device -- it would appear that Emby isn't subscribed to those events when playing a TV show/movie.

• 2 weeks later...

@@adam1010 i tested this and did not see any problems with music playback, however for video playback you are correct. we've never actually implemented this as part of video playback. it's something we can look at for a future update. thanks !

adam1010

@@Luke -- Yes, the music playback is fine. It's only the video playback that is a concern. Initially all I really need is the one Play/Pause toggle button to work to allow pausing/resuming a video.

This feature is particularly useful for activities where water is involved (pool/hot tub/shower) as it's a much bigger hassle to use the on-screen Play/Pause button instead of the waterproof Play/Pause button on the BT speaker.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a resolution before pool season ends :-)