EMBY THEATRE SKINS

Nick's MCE

Nick's MCE

Hi all

It has been some time since the launch of EMBY Theatre  which runs very well and seems to be technically advancing nicely. In line with some posts around the launch I chose to ditch MB3 upgrade to WIN 10 on all machines and solely run ET as a premium member.

Until now the  visual advancment of ET is pretty much NIL. No skins no additons of discs or cleararts, just nothing.

My question after waiting patiently for over a year is will there be any skins or visual upgrades to ET or is this it.

Forgive me if there is stuff close to being on the wayas I do appreciate the time that goes into these things.

Thanks

Nick

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

I haven't seen any new themes yet. Supposedly it is easy to do with CSS but I haven't seen any documentation of the CSS classes used.

For artwork, select Edit Images on your media and you can search the image providers for new artwork. This isn't part of Theater specifically.

• Like 1

Nick's MCE

Hi Koleckai

Thanks for reply, seems the post is mainly being ignored. The artwork I was referring to was the additon of cleararts and discs to theme, you will find that Kodi is using them and MB3 did use them on a few themes but ET has nothing.

I am actually one of the fan art artists check out the link and the artwork, I am sure you have hundreds of my bits of art in your colection. Go to the link and then check each art section, you will see what ET is missing out on. There are many great artists and so many amazing pieces that it is criminal for it not to be used.

If I had the time I would try to learn how to do a theme myself but to busy making art.

https://fanart.tv/members/nicks-mce/movie-images/

Later

Nick

Edited by Nick's MCE
  • Like 1

arztonyou

This announcement https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/41685-learn-how-to-create-skins-for-emby-theater/ gives a link to the default skin on Github.  If you take a look on Github, then you will see that a lot of people have forked the default skin.  So I'm guessing we'll get a few skins in the next few months, but I haven't seen any chatter to indicate that anyone is close to providing one right now.

Maybe a couple of the people working on skins could give an update or post a few screenshots just to see what's being worked on?

• Like 1

xnappo

Still slowly working on Okuru.  I could use help :)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32015-okuru-theme-wip/

Do not try it right now - there have been breaking changes to ET that I haven't released a fixed version for yet.. 

Honestly it would make things go a lot faster if I knew I was not the only one who wanted that style of skin :)

Edited by xnappo

I think what's happening so far is a lot of people are forking for their own private use. I do know of one skin that is being developed for public consumption but i can't share details yet. thanks !

• Like 1

arztonyou

Still slowly working on Okuru.  I could use help :)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32015-okuru-theme-wip/

Do not try it right now - there have been breaking changes to ET that I haven't released a fixed version for yet.. 

Honestly it would make things go a lot faster if I knew I was not the only one who wanted that style of skin :)

I would love to have a Theater skin similar to Aeon Nox, which was the first Kodi skin I ever used regularly.  I was bummed when they trimmed it down for Aeon Nox 5.  And I think your mod of Nox was the first Kodi skin I used with the original version of the Emby addon.

Unfortunately I have very, very little experience with coding HTML or CSS, so I can't be of much help.  But I hope you can find someone to help you, so you don't have to do it all by yourself.

Nick's MCE

I think what's happening so far is a lot of people are forking for their own private use. I do know of one skin that is being developed for public consumption but i can't share details yet. thanks !

I imagine your right I just hope that cleararts and discs are being used. Actuallly I am tottaly happy with Emby Theatre as it is except it doesnt use cleararts and discs. 

I would think that the most sensible way to get a new skin ouut would be to start with what we have and mmake a few tweaks, like adding cleararts and skins  and  maybe tweak some colours. 

I truly wish I had the time to learn how to  do exactly that, surely just  a  few minor  tweaks too what  we have could be done in the interim. Maybe not even a new skin but just an up-date.

davidtjudd

I think one of the bigger problems with skins right now can be found in what xnappo is saying "Do not try it right now - there have been breaking changes to ET that I haven't released a fixed version for yet.. ". Luke is rapidly advancing ET. This is great but it results in an unstable working environment for anyone trying to do a skin. I really like the architecture of ET but changes are pushed to clients immediately and can result in a skin breaking very easily. This should settle down once Luke brings the application to a more mature/complete state where things are in less flux and releases can be more timed/organized.

That said, I just made available a simple skin with some features I wanted. Take a look at this post for details. 

xnappo

Well yes, this is difficult.  But the real problem is that Luke has a ton of plates in the air.  More people need to get familiar with the code in general.

Edited by xnappo

Nick's MCE

Hi All

Well I started this post basically because we dont have any cleararts or discs in ET and because I was unable to install the hack of WMC and go back to Emby Classic.

Since then I managed to get the WMC hack onto one of my PC's  and check what I thoughht I was missing.

CONCLUSSIONS: Basically I have decided to stay with ET, it is so smooth and I cant get past the siimplicity of having the Live TV and Movie Collections in 1 place not to mention the ever improving funcionality and interface for Music and for that matter the whole program.

In short I am going to stick with ET and patiently wait for some new themes to come out.

Also, anyone who hasnt made the leap to ET is missing out!!

Thanks to Luke and the Team

Nicks

Jdiesel

I think there is a market for a well designed paid third party skin. I would pay $5 for a skin with a few minor tweaks. Could be a decent source of income for someone with some CSS skills.

• Like 1

I think there is a market for a well designed paid third party skin. I would pay $5 for a skin with a few minor tweaks. Could be a decent source of income for someone with some CSS skills.

Well when you consider the number of platforms the app is available on and is soon to be released on there is definitely a market. So interested parties should contact me.

• Like 1

xnappo

Personally could care less about the $$ - want to build a community.  But if the potential for $$ helps, then great!

BigSteve84

Hi guys, I'm a new user to ET and I'm trying to find out what I can about skins or themes, I am a novice when it comes to css but instead of just waiting for someone to do the work, I'd love to have a crack at doing something, so is there any tutorials or an obi wan that can help teach me?

BigSteve84

On another note, when I use emby theatre from the windows app the artwork doesn't seam to load, on some it does and others it doesn't and none for collections any ideas how to sort it?

On another note, when I use emby theatre from the windows app the artwork doesn't seam to load, on some it does and others it doesn't and none for collections any ideas how to sort it?

Hi @@BigSteve84, the best thing to do is provide the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !