Playback errors on ET on NUC

Sammy

What are your settings, for audio and video?

Sorry.. Been out of town for the weekend. I'm not on the NUC right now but from memory I am using the default audio and on video I have it set with H/W decode on Auto, Video Renderer is madVR with the stable filter set as well as having Avoid Judder enabled. In madVR I have the frame rate profiles that my TV supports set, 1080p23 is one of them plus IIR 1080p59, 1080i60,1080p60, 720p29, 720p59 and 720p60.. These are from memory and may not all be set and I may have listed them wrong here too. I will check tonight or tomorrow and post back.

Currently things seem to be going okay and I'm wondering if the recent server update last week is helping??

Things seem to be going well but that spinner is still there for a countable number of seconds before video playback starts. Patience is the key but is there something to do to speed it up? Should I verify that I'm using the correct path for network drives in the server?

Guest asrequested

Things seem to be going well but that spinner is still there for a countable number of seconds before video playback starts. Patience is the key but is there something to do to speed it up? Should I verify that I'm using the correct path for network drives in the server?

How long does it take to start?

How long does it take to start?

Anywhere from 5 to 60 seconds, maybe a little longer. I haven't timed it but it seems too long.. longer than loading something from Blue Neon an definitely longer than loading something on Netflix on a Roku. It should be faster than loading on a Roku XS as the NUC has more processing power and RAM. 

Guest asrequested

If you set the bitstream limit to 60Mb/s in theater, does it start quicker?

Edited by Doofus

Interesting thought. I was just looking at that. I have it set to 1.25Mbps for outside the local network due to Charter only having a 5Mbps upstream speed but this is local content and when I look at ET by pressing the gear button it shows up to 60Mbps but some files show it lower.. Not sure why this would be.. Is this configurable in Emby Server someplace?

Edited by Sammy

Guest asrequested

Ah right! Luke just added the Auto (bottom of the list), and I was wondering if your delay was due to the network check. But yours isn't on auto. The way you've set it, it will just play at the full bandwidth of the stream (although, if you scroll up in the settings, not the OSD, you'll see a 4k option). Try set it to auto, and see what happens.

The server settings are just for out of network. The in network settings are in the apps.

Edited by Doofus

I'll take a look at that tonight. So on the settings page in ET this is at the the top, above the video and audio settings

If I'm remembering correctly, it's under playback options. It'll be at the bottom of the list.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44302-31288-auto-quality/&do=findComment&comment=414768

I'm not using the beta version. I'm on the stable versions as this is a daily driver for us, not a test machine. I made this switch about 6 months ago in an attempt to have a more consistent playback environment. Should I move to beta?

Guest asrequested

I'm not using the beta version. I'm on the stable versions as this is a daily driver for us, not a test machine. I made this switch about 6 months ago in an attempt to have a more consistent playback environment. Should I move to beta?

No need to, unless you want to be part of the testing. The settings you want are in app, not the server.

Edited by Doofus

At this time things seem to be going well. Load times are relatively quick. I'm not sure what the problem was. I am even using edge and may tweak madVR a bit too. Could it maybe be network traffic? IDK. I will continue to monitor the situation and report back.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...