Original Shield TV update to 7.0

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

Do you know if switch refresh rate is working on RC3? I may install it. I really don't want to use SPMC but currently everything works as they should on the Shield TV.

Why wouldn't you want to use SPMC out fo curiosity?  So far over the past few months performance is far superior to Kodi, at least here.

CBers

Why wouldn't you want to use SPMC out fo curiosity? So far over the past few months performance is far superior to Kodi, at least here.

Kodi v17 (Krypton) was released officially yesterday.

Isn't SPMC still running v16.1??

breezytm

When it comes to viewing in my Living room, I always tend to use official apps rather than beta or forked branches. But I am currently using SPMC. I am just curious to know if all the perks have been added to master branch (Kodi).

mastrmind11

Kodi v17 (Krypton) was released officially yesterday.

Isn't SPMC still running v16.1??

Yeah, still 16.1.  I don't see any mention of 17 on his git either, which is odd.

CBers

When it comes to viewing in my Living room, I always tend to use official apps rather than beta or forked branches. But I am currently using SPMC. I am just curious to know if all the perks have been added to master branch (Kodi).

Try it, as you can have SPMC and Kodi running on the same device.

breezytm

Try it, as you can have SPMC and Kodi running on the same device.

I am already doing that. But I have not upgraded to 17 yet. I stopped using Kodi and started using SPMC a while back and never went back. I would like to go back with the new release but only stick to one application. 

mastrmind11

Anyone losing their CEC settings when waking/restarting the Shield?  I keep having to set it to be able to change volume using my tv remote.  Any fix?

Anyone losing their CEC settings when waking/restarting the Shield?  I keep having to set it to be able to change volume using my tv remote.  Any fix?

Yes, but only intermittently.  Sometimes when I turn on my TV it doesn't wake up the Shield for a long time and, in that case, CEC doesn't work.  Just turning off and back on fixes it.

This is new since the 7.0 update.