Original Shield TV update to 7.0

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

Anyone get the update yet? Supposed to be rolling out now. Wondering if there are any compatible issues with the Emby app.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

CBers

Doubt it, as the Nexus Player has Android 7 already.

The new Shield TV is available on 17th (tomorrow), so perhaps the update won't come until then.

MrWebsmith

nest app, PiP, amaon prime app.. shield is really adding some stuff to an already top ATV experience.. 

• Like 2

breezytm

I can't update. I hope it would not be push. DRM in HDHomerun app will break. Damnnnnn you SD. 

Ok. Deep breath. I just had a moment there  :angry:

• Like 1

MSattler

Mine hasn't updated yet and CEC is working again so that was some other issue.

So have the new Shield, and HD audio does not appear to be working.  There are new sound settings now in the Shield:

Surround Sound = Auto / Always / Never

HDMI 5.1 Auto = On/Off

• Like 1

MSattler

How have you configured them?

I've tried a combination of all of the settings.   I'm trying to look through their forums to get a better understanding of what each mean.

MSattler

I've tried a combination of all of the settings.   I'm trying to look through their forums to get a better understanding of what each mean.

Cannot get it to work with the native player either by playing back via ES File Explorer so may be a Android issue.

breezytm

Apparently they retracted the statement of it being release today. It will be out in a week  ;)

Edited by breezytm

MSattler

Cannot get it to work with the native player either by playing back via ES File Explorer so may be a Android issue.

Odd, after some reboots it appears to be working now.  May have just been a handshake issue?

Auto Surround is set to Auto

HDMI 5.1 Audio is disabled

• Like 2

PhinkBig

Odd, after some reboots it appears to be working now.  May have just been a handshake issue?

Auto Surround is set to Auto

HDMI 5.1 Audio is disabled

Confirmed working here...got the new Shield last night, and played a movie with a DTS-HD MA 7.1 that worked perfectly!

• Like 2

MSattler

So Amazon HDR works perfectly.

TrueHD/DTS-HD is working.

The refresh rate even with the perfect match still doesn't work 100%, it appears to be a Android issue.  In some cases HDR will work at 24hz.

• Like 2

CBers

Anyone installed Kodi Krypton on the new Shield TV yet?

I'm having issues with it crashing.

Might be Nougat related.

jasonmcroy

Anyone installed Kodi Krypton on the new Shield TV yet?

I'm having issues with it crashing.

Might be Nougat related.

I have it installed on mine alongside SPMC and I haven't had any crashing issues. Do you have any plugins installed? I did have an issue with a weather App that every time I would install it Kodi would crash. They finally updated that App though and now it doesn't crash at all. I find that sometimes Apps that aren't updated along with the newer versions of Kodi will do strange things sometimes.

BTW: I am on the 5.0 preview with the earlier Shield version, not the "new" shield box.

Edited by jasonmcroy

CBers

@@jasonmcroy - do you means addons rather than apps?

I did think about SPMC, but Krypton RC3 has been running fine on my original Shield since it was released, hence my Nougat comment.

I'll give it a few days.

jasonmcroy

Yes, I mean Add-ons.

Are you on the newly released Shield? There is an update to the 5.0 install per their forums out now, 5.0.1 for the 2017 Shield devices.

The only other issue I had with Kodi Krypton was audio drops when using passthrough. That seems fixed now for me in RC3.

• Like 2

CBers

Yes, I mean Add-ons.

Are you on the newly released Shield? There is an update to the 5.0 install per their forums out now, 5.0.1 for the 2017 Shield devices.

The only other issue I had with Kodi Krypton was audio drops when using passthrough. That seems fixed now for me in RC3.

Yes, it's a newly released Shield TV.

I'll try the 5.01 update tonight, but thought that was more to do with the remote not being recognised all the time.

I'll ty and find some release notes.

jasonmcroy

Yes, it's a newly released Shield TV.

I'll try the 5.01 update tonight, but thought that was more to do with the remote not being recognised all the time.

I'll ty and find some release notes.

True. Although I sometimes find that "magically" random updates fix other things too. I am curious to when you get it fixed though. Maybe it needs an actual Kodi update too though. Have you tried one of the nightly builds?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
breezytm

Yes, I mean Add-ons.

Do you know if switch refresh rate is working on RC3? I may install it. I really don't want to use SPMC but currently everything works as they should on the Shield TV.