Emby Raid) Hard Disk NTFS

Virginio Miranda

Virginio Miranda

Hi there,

I need a litte Help.

I 'm on mint Kde 18. Installed emby. So far so Good. I just followed the suggestion from a dev member hurricanehrndz on how to manage disk formated witn NTFS. It works like a charm. Emby can see now the files oh the hard disk with NTFS.

The problem is: I have a raid 0 setup with two more hard drivers with win7 and NTFS file system on it and several video  and music files that i would like to see on emby. Linux Mint can see the raid0 setup, but emby not.

So, the advise from Mr. hurricanehrndz from here : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/34151-ununtu-1604-lts-fresh-install-emby-fresh-install-permissions-error/?p=328874 , really works for a single drive with ntfs file system, but to be honest, i don't know how to do the same trick for the two raid0 drives with ntfs file system.

May someone help , please?

Here is the drivers and partitions:

sudo lsblk -o NAME,FSTYPE

NAME                FSTYPE
sda                 promise_fasttrack_raid_member
└─pdc_cggfjedfhg    
  ├─pdc_cggfjedfhg1 ntfs
  └─pdc_cggfjedfhg2 ntfs
sdb                 promise_fasttrack_raid_member
└─pdc_cggfjedfhg    
  ├─pdc_cggfjedfhg1 ntfs
  └─pdc_cggfjedfhg2 ntfs
sdc                 
├─sdc1              ext4
├─sdc2              
├─sdc5              swap
└─sdc6              ext4
sdd                 
├─sdd1              
└─sdd2              ntfs
sr0      

sdc is the linux mint hard drive. sdd is the other single drive with ntfs file system that i followed the Mr. hurricanehrndz advise and it's working like a charm. sda and sdb are the two raid0 hard drive that i need to know how to do the same trick.

Thanks very much in advance.

Edited by Virginio Miranda

thatoneguy99

This may be a dumb question as I do not know your experience with Linux. How do you have the hard drives mounted? fstab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virginio Miranda

Hi thatoneguy99,

The hard drivers are mounted by default on dolphin. There is not related about them on fstab.

here is my fstab:

UUID=5c179552-c857-43ff-bac7-3415a127e0a3 /               ext4    errors=remount-ro 0       1
# /boot was on /dev/sda1 during installation
UUID=83009ee7-fb82-4b0d-8ec8-60ca6663452b /boot           ext4    defaults        0       2
# swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
UUID=40e878ef-2297-4321-acf4-9c7fd4197935 none            swap    sw              0       0

/dev/sdd2 /mnt/media ntfs-3g uid=emby,gid=emby,umask=0000 0 0

They are mounted on /media and i need to mount the raid0 setup on /mnt for use with emby. The last one on fstab is mounted on /mnt/media.

Edited by Virginio Miranda

Virginio Miranda

I solved the problem.

sudo mkdir -p /mnt/media/Raid0

sudo chmod 777 /mnt/media/Raid0

sudo mount -t ntfs-3g -o uid=emby,gid=emby,umask=0000 /dev/mapper/pdc_cggfjedfhg2 /mnt/media/Raid0

Now, Emby can see everything in Raid0 setup.