Roku Beta - Plays incorrect video

econ

In the new Emby Preview app I am attempting to play a recorded live tv program titled Nightly Business Report 2017-01-12.mp4.

I browse to the video within the app, it brings up the correct screen, metadata, photos.  When I attempt to play it plays the incorrect video.  It ends up playing a video titled: NHL Live S00E00.mp4.

When you play in the blue light emby app if functions correctly and plays the correct video.

Log.txt

100% sure and can reproduce with any recording in that particular series.  They are all titled Nightly Business Report xxxx-xx-xx.mp4

Try turning off the auto play of next episodes.

I think maybe that item isn't properly identified as far as season and episode numbers are concerned and that could be throwing off that logic.

Try turning off the auto play of next episodes.

I think maybe that item isn't properly identified as far as season and episode numbers are concerned and that could be throwing off that logic.

That did it.  The correct videos are now playing.

That actually fixed another issue I was about to post about where I would attempt to play another live tv recording within the app, press play and nothing would happen.  When auto play is on you can't play the episode.  Turn it off and it functions correctly.

Can you please look at one of those recordings using the web app and tell me if they have a Season and Episode number?  Also, does the Season show up on the detail page of the web app as a clickable link?

Within the web app they do not have a season or episode number.  When you browse to the series the web app displays it as "Season Unknown".  Also, they are recorded within the root of the individual series folder.

ex. \Live TV\Series\Nightly Business Report\Nightly Business Report 2017-01-12.mp4

Instead of a recording with better metadata:

\Live TV\Series\The Simpsons\Season 28\episode.mp4

Okay, thanks.  That should give me enough information to go on to stop that from happening.

I was keying off the existence of a Season ID but I guess these ones that are "unknown" are given an ID and so you were getting all the episodes that were from that "Unknown" season.

This should be fixed in the new version that has gone up.

Please turn the auto episode playing back on and confirm.  Thanks.

I noticed tonight after I watched S4E6 of The Blacklist that it did the video loop to a previous part of the episode. I escaped from that and went down to next episodes for E7. However when I went to play it it started E6 again. I then went into the library and it did the same thing. If I went to E8 it played E7. The Episodes are correctly named as I tried playing them direct. I did notice that I have doubles of these episodes so perhaps that is what's causing the issue? Also although it marked one of them as played it wouldn't show E7 as the next episode and it took a couple tries to get the episode to play. This seems to be because it is transcoding it for some reason. BN does not transcode.

The other odd thing is that although it says transcoding on the server there's no transcoding log sometimes. Logs are attached.

fonts.7z

I noticed tonight after I watched S4E6 of The Blacklist that it did the video loop to a previous part of the episode. I escaped from that and went down to next episodes for E7. However when I went to play it it started E6 again. I then went into the library and it did the same thing. If I went to E8 it played E7. The Episodes are correctly named as I tried playing them direct. I did notice that I have doubles of these episodes so perhaps that is what's causing the issue? Also although it marked one of them as played it wouldn't show E7 as the next episode and it took a couple tries to get the episode to play. This seems to be because it is transcoding it for some reason. BN does not transcode.

The other odd thing is that although it says transcoding on the server there's no transcoding log sometimes. Logs are attached.

In regards to the looping, if you could try the beta server and offer comparison that would be helpful, thanks.

@@lorac, if I understand correctly, this looping/rewind effect happened during playback, near the end, and without any intervention on your part, correct?

That is correct. I will play a video on the beta server to see if it changes anything.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Happy2Play

@@lorac, if I understand correctly, this looping/rewind effect happened during playback, near the end, and without any intervention on your part, correct?

That is correct. I will play a video on the beta server to see if it changes anything.

This transcoding loop issue has nothing to do with the new app, as the original and neon apps do the same with hls.

This transcoding loop issue has nothing to do with the new app, as the original and neon apps do the same with hls.

We did some changes to the server's hls encoding; that means, there's a chance that the "loop" issue has been resolved.

@@lorac, in order for your test to be an accurate comparison, you need to play the same video that you experienced the problem with on the release server, and you need to start it from the same position. So if you played it from the beginning, please do that again. If you started it from 10:00, please do that again. Thanks.

Happy2Play

We did some changes to the server's hls encoding; that means, there's a chance that the "loop" issue has been resolved.

The two episodes I tested with that transcoded didn't loopback at the end and auto started the next episode. Preview 1.18 and Server 3.1.275

Have those same video files previously exhibited the problem? For best results you really need to play and just let it go to the end. In other words, starting playback and fast-forwarding to the last minute might prevent it from happening.

The best candidates to reproduce are avi with mpeg4 video stream inside. These always looped at the end.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Happy2Play

The best candidates to reproduce are avi with mpeg4 video stream inside. These always looped at the end.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That is what I used.

This should be fixed in the new version that has gone up.

Please turn the auto episode playing back on and confirm. Thanks.

Confirmed fix in latest build with auto episode on. Thanks!

That is what I used.

Can you try something with h264 that stream copys the video? That's when it will happen the most frequently. thanks.

Happy2Play

Can you try something with h264 that stream copys the video? That's when it will happen the most frequently. thanks.

Yep, Direct Streaming a h264 test file looped.  I played the last 5 minutes of the file and it looped 4 time.  Will test some more files tomorrow.