Adjusting Quality While Streaming Remotely

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

I'm starting to play around with my Premier membership and can successfully connect with my iPhone / iPad / etc. I'm stuck with Comcast and have a capped upload of 5Mbps. The way Emby handles adjusting the quality on the fly is awesome and works perfectly.

Is there a way to install Emby for Kodi on a Raspberry Pi and institute the quality adjustment? I'd like to put a Raspberry Pi at my sisters house so they could use my server too.

The problem is that it keeps buffering which is suspect is due to it not adjusting the quality on the fly.

If that isn't possible, would it work with an Android TV just running Emby and not Emby for Kodi?

Thanks!

Edited by Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

I was going to try the Raspberry Pi dedicated version, but you have it listed as "Not release ready". I'm giving it to non-technical users and don't want to deal with it not working or causing them issues. I'm also going to assume that it wouldn't work with the RemotePi board I'm installing for them so they can use a remote.

Does it have anything to do with my choice of playback when initially set up Emby? I forget which one I chose, but I picked the one labeled as default.