Paid job: Need a plugin

Haider of Sweden

Haider of Sweden
First of all, I searched for any forum rules regarding whether it is allowed or not to post something like this. I did not find that it wouldn't be allowed.

Since I am no coder, and I am asking someone to do the job for me, it's reasonable that I need to pay for the job.
____

Background
I have a folder structure that contains movies compressed into split-volume RAR files. Let's call them RAR-folders.
There need to be an scraping process that indexes the RAR folders We need to assign a depth value, since some folders contain sub-folders with split-volume RARs directly underneath, while others lie one more step deeper.
As for the scraping, the more data we can gain, the better. A minimum is: Title, Thumbnail. Bonus would be IMDB rating.
The folders containing the RAR files could be e.g. Movies, TV Shows, Cartoon.
Under the plugin setting, an admin can assign RAR folders to existing media libraries. This can be done either by assigning a media library to a folder structure, or the other way around. You decide.
As we know, a media library has a folder assigned to it (or actually it supports multiple, but we'll only support one). Lets call it the target folder.

When the setup is done, a user can then see the plugin icon.
Entering the plugin brings you to a list of the libraries.
Entering either of the libraries brings up a list scraped from the RAR folders.
Each folder has a checkbox (since its a list-view, each row equals a checkbox). 
Checking the checkbox triggers an unpack to the target folder (the folder that is assigned to the current media library).
1) Check free space on destination hard drive - estimation on how much space needed before an unpack - warn if space too low.
2) A progress bar is needed
3) A popup asks if you want to proceed to unpack (this is important in web-view on a mobile phone). 
Unchecking the checkbox deletes the file from the target folder.
4) A popup asks if you want to proceed.

Plugin requirement
* Unpacking RAR files + progress bar indicator.
* File deletion.
* Access to the Emby media database: To read their library names, and the folder assigned to each of the libraries. 
* Scraping mechanism that scans folders by their names and creates a list with Movie Name, Thumbnail and preferably IMDB rating..
* Check free space on destination hard drive - estimation on how much space needed before an unpack - warn if space too low.

Look and feel / Inspiration
Edited by Haider of Sweden

• 4 weeks later...
Haider of Sweden

Anyone else who is interested to give this project a shot?

I created this image to clarify a little more. Don't hesitate to ask if anything is unclear:

ul0kkeuxlege.png

This project would need some sort of scanner of Location A, plus that checkbox feature.

• Scanning location A with the regular Emby Scanner would end up showing nothing. Therefore I need a scanner/scraper that would scan folders that appear empty.
  • Checking the checkbox next to a movie would mean two things: 1) triggering the decompression from location A to location B and 2) an indication that this movie is decompressed. Unchecking means deleting the movie file from Location B.

All the above, is the plugin.

When it comes to Emby, it reads the Location B as a usual library. If there is anything in it, it can be played. If nothing is there, it appears empty.

CharleyVarrick

Sorry for asking, but do you have that many .rar's that you require a plugin to deal with?

Never understood why some sources keep packing already compressed data (.mp4 and all) into .rars to save marginal disk space (if any).

It create so much extra work for end users.

In any case, I'm not sure Emby forum is the right place for such a highly specific request.

I have seen people here being redirected to another website that works with "bounties", some sort of coders for hire.

https://www.bountysource.com/

Edited by jlr19

Haider of Sweden

Hi and thanks for replying.

1. I do currently have four folders like this, but actually, the amount is irrelevant for this project.

2. The RARs are NOT compressed, hence there is no gain in disk space. With that said, disk space is not the issue nor the reason. As for extra work, there is none.

3. On the contrary; this forum is great for this type of project. A Freelance network that you are referring to would require the person to first put him/herself into the software, understand things are done in Emby, and then ready to start. On this forum however, developers know precisely how this software works and what it needs. Some have already done plugins and so on.

If we take Boutysource as an example and search for "Wordpress", we get a lot of hits. Write Emby and you get zero. There is a risk that developers there might not even know what Emby is.

With that said, I hope that some developers here show their interest. :)