Saving Local Trialers to Media File

Mopar_Mudder

Mopar_Mudder

Is their still no way to save the local trailers to the media folder instead of having to stream them evey time?

We do support trailers in the media folder, but you will have to acquire them and save them on your own. Thanks !

Mopar_Mudder

That sucks. That is the thing that keeps steering me from using Emby for Metadata, because I have to use another program anyway to get trailers. Guess I don't understand why people would want to stream them all the time. What happens if they aren't available on the internet at some point? I guess nobody has flaky internet like me that is slow and unreliable making streeming a painfull experience.

I don't think that is a reason to not use Emby for metadata when it does so many other good things. You can use Emby for metadata and just use something else to grab the trailers.

Mopar_Mudder

I know what you are saying. But I use Meta Browser that is a one stop shop and does it all, so why have to go to two different programs when I can do it all quick and easy in one?

I know I have been asking for download of local and new trailers for a long time, but I must be 1 in 10,000 that need it.

@@Mopar_Mudder

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/13321-where-did-the-local-trailers-plugin-go/

I remember it like yesterday... Why did my trailers downloads stop? Oh the sorrow.. changes happen.. times change.. moods shift.. attitudes align.. memories. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mopar_Mudder

Well at least I know I am not alone! So their is a call for it, I think we all need to get together and stage a protest.

In the mean time any programs out their that will automatically download the trailer based on the Nfo file or something when Emby adds it?

@@Mopar_Mudder

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19817-downloading-local-trailers

Here is the post of where we stand today. I also remember this. That thread above explains why... Read it.. and weep.. *cries*

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mopar_Mudder

Yea this is part of a bigger picture that I have noticed the past few year. Emby has really gone away from being a front end for us people with theater rooms and is now an "app" for all the people that want to watch movies on their smart phones and other wireless devises, to bad but that is how I see it.

A couple more examples of things we loast that were awsome in the original.

Media Browser Intros (the original not what we have now)

Media Browser Theater (yes we have a somewhat replacement that never seems to get done)

Original Trailers Plugin

It is just too bad, movie industry seems to be going to same way as music. Don't care about quality or the experience, just want it now at the palm of your hand.