Newbie - Emby Not Working

WN143

Just discovered The Emby application and decided it would be a great solution.  Downloaded the server application for Mac OSX and installed it on my Mac (Yosemite). I must be doing something wrong because when I start the app nothing happens.  Any pointers for someone just starting to try this app?

Hi Luke,  No, I do not see any new tray icons at the top....

In addition, when I double click Emby.Server.Mac.app, I don't see any new "emby" processes in activity monitor.

Update Note:

Just tried the Emby server for Windows (Win 10) and that worked very well.

Still having difficulty in getting  Emby server to work on Mac OSX

Edited by WN143

• 1 month later...
grangerdanger

I am having the exact same problem. I installed the server for Mac and nothing happens when I attempt to open Emby.Server.Mac. I'm not technologically knowledgable, at all. So I'd really like some help.

Natilus13

This may sound silly, but is it actually installed? Did you follow through the installation prompts?

I would check your system logs to confirm that it actually installed. I would also double check your security settings.

I recall when I installed it on my Mac (a while ago now) there were some Terminal commands you had to run first. I was going to post a link to these for you but can't seem to find them anymore.