New to Emby premiere-couple of questions

maintainin
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

maintainin

Hi all,

I'm new to Emby. Just installed Emby server and purchased Emby premiere. I'm messing around in Emby theater with madvr and have a couple of questions.

First is the control+J function is not working for me to bring up the OSD to look at statistics. Hitting control+J doesn't do anything.

Second I'd like some thoughts on what to madvr settings to use for my setup. I'm running this on a high end gaming gaming rig that I also use to watch movies. Six core 5930k, two titan x pascal video cards(I know madvr will only use one). Movies are mostly very high quality blu ray mkv rips. Going to a new 65KS9000 Samsung 4k tv that's a week old. When I first started playing a movie my GPU really spun up. I checked it in gpu-z the load was 98%. Going into madvr I see it still had the settings in it for when I was using it in jriver and watching 1080p blu rays on a 1080p. Obviously I don't want my gpu load to be 98%. So I'm somewhat familiar with madvr. But I'm new to going from 1080p to 4k with madvr. So any good tips on how to configure madvr for that would be appreciated.

I really like the look and interface. I think I'm going to like this. Thanks!

Edited by maintainin

maintainin

Figured out the control+J issue. Had to uncheck the "use only if media player has keyboard focus" box in keyboard shortcuts. :)

Thanks for the feedback. @ always has great insight on madvr.  i personally just activate it and don't really spend much time configuring it.

• Solution
Guest asrequested

You could take a look @@Jdiesel's guide, for reference. MadVR has been updated, with different options since then. If you want to use the latest MadVR, delete the contents of (see picture), and unzip the files, there. Restart Theater. 

586aaf8f01516_Snapshot_418.jpg

Scroll to this section in his guide

586ab0a78828c_Snapshot_416.jpg

586ab0bcacacd_Snapshot_417.jpg

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
maintainin

You could take a look @@Jdiesel's guide, for reference. MadVR has been updated, with different options since then. If you want to use the latest MadVR, delete the contents of (see picture), and unzip the files, there. Restart Theater.

586aaf8f01516_Snapshot_418.jpg

Scroll to this section in his guide

586ab0a78828c_Snapshot_416.jpg

586ab0bcacacd_Snapshot_417.jpg

I'm guessing you can't help with this since it's my pc but I don't have an appdata folder in my c:> users> ME> location. Any ideas why?

Edit: Nevermind. It was hidden. Thanks for the info about madvr!

Edited by maintainin