Static Green Emby Symbol Appears on Screen

4ahobbs

Hi Support,

I just purchased Emby Premier, but when I view live TV or recorded TV, I get a green Emby "Play" symbol squarely in the middle of the screen.  Everything else is working well except this persistent green Emby symbol refuses to disappear.  I thought the Emby team just put it there to appear during the limited playback before purchasing Emby Premier, but the symbol persists even after purchase.

How do I remove it?

Thanks.

AH

maegibbons

If you are using the Android app, that is a known bug in the current version.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Hi

Updated to 2.8.36 on my Sansung S6 Edge+ and the icon is still there on recording playback.

Krs

Mark

So...what am I supposed to do in the meantime if I have a Android box, replace it with Roku?  Is this problem going to be resolved soon, or is it way down on the list?

maegibbons

Well it was reported to be fixed last night 2.8.36 but I updated to it and the Logo was still there for me.  It will be high up the list.

Can you update to 2.8.36 and confirm whether it works for you or not?

What hardware are you running on?  If it is a TV box with Android greater than 5.0 then you could try the Android TV app.

Krs

Mark

Hi @@4ahobbs, we are looking into it thanks. I am no longer able to reproduce it but am trying to find the situation in which it is still showing for maegibbons.

Hi Luke and Mark,

I posted my reply yesterday with my equipment specs, but it did not appear for some reason in the forum.  Also,the topic was moved from the original category of Emby Premiere. The Emby update solved the issue and the Emby symbol no longer appears in live and recorded TV.  Thanks!

I did want to know the difference between the Android apps Emby for Android and Emby for Android TV.  Emby for Android TV is much easier to navigate with a single remote than Emby for Android where you need a wireless keyboard and mousepad.   

Are there any other differences?  Thanks

AH. 

The Android TV app is designed for TV and remote control usage using Google's Android TV interface.  The other app is designed for mobile and other touch-based interfaces.

maegibbons

Hmm

Looks as though I am the only one that the Logo bug is still affecting.

Thats a Pain.

Mark

maegibbons

Just to update this...

It appears to be only happening on recorded Livetv now.

Movies and LiveTV itself are ok - the icon disappears after a few secs.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Is there anything special about your setup? reverse proxy? 

Did you try to uninstall the app, and re-install a fresh copy?

Nothing special. 

Yes. Revoked beta. Uninstalled and reinstalled release. On TWO samsung phones.  One S6 edge plus and other note 3. Both the same.

Krs

Mark

psubsee2002

@@maegibbons

You aren't the only one still affected. Occurrences have been reduced but I still see it. It happens most frequently when trying to manually play the next episode in a series after automatic "play next episode" fails. This is something that started happening with one of the recent updates: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42075-media-doesnt-start-playing-automatically/?p=397102

maegibbons

2.8.37 still shows icon for me :-(  On BOTH LiveTV and recordings.

In android mobile, where does it show the version number?  At the moment I have to look at the Dashboard on another PC to verify the client version.

Krs

Mark

tobedeleted

I have to add myself to the list. Emby premiere, current server and app, but all videos are "decorated" with the logo when playing them. Sometimes the logo swirls away when skipping around in the video, most of the time it just stays there. Samsung S7 with custom rooted ROM, but it worked always before.