Media doesn't start playing automatically

psubsee2002

psubsee2002

I've run into an issue for the last several months (since the top bar design).

Essential!y when I c!ick on a media file to play, it doesn't begin playback automatically after it loads, I need to press the play button to actually begin playback. I have the app set to automatically play the next tV episode, and when the next episode loads, I have to press play again to get it to start.

I can force it to start playback by pressing play, going back to the previous screen and clicking on the same media file again. When it reloads, playback begins automatically and continues when leading the next episode.

Edited by psubsee2002

Are you using the actual mobile app or the web app in a browser?

Some browsers will not allow media to be played without the user's direct interaction (an ad/security feature).

• 2 weeks later...
psubsee2002

@@Luke

I can confirm that the original problem appears resolved in the newest beta version, however a new problem appears to be introduced.

When automatically starting the next episode, playback still hangs but the behavior is different. With the new behavior, pressing play doesn't restart playback. The play/pause button is the "pause" button, but has no effect (including pressing multiple times). Pressing the Android back button at this point takes you to the previous episode playback, instead of to the episode detail screen.