DISK IO Error

bigjme

Hi Everyone,

So similar to a few here i am running the EMBY docker under unraid. 

Originally i started to get the attached errors on the EmbyServer version which was filling up my log files, around 5GB a day actually so i needed to constantly flush the log, while this was annoying the server still started and ran fine. After getting annoyed with this for a week or so i decided to turn off Emby when it wasn't being used so i didn't have to run clear up as much.

Between December 9th and today i haven't booted up EMBY. In this period there have been at least 2 updates it seems. Now i still get these errors but EMBY refuses to boot up at all now, no web gui, and no way to see what is actually going on, just huge amounts of logs.

So i installed the BETA and have the exact same issue. I then tried installing the main release again from scratch, again the same issue occurred. I have a lot of things using this server along side another 8 dockers, and this issue is isolated to the EMBY dockers only which indicates some sort of an issue within EMBY itself, prior to this i was using it for months with no issues at all

I'm not sure what other information i can give other than these logs. Just so you are aware i did terminate each of these instances shortly after turning them on just to get a section of logs to post

As i can't alter any settings or even get in to a fresh install i'm not really sure where i stand on this?

Jamie

EmbyServerBeta-log.txt

EmbyServer-log.txt

Hi, this is a disk I/O error and is not Emby related. In other words, Emby is unable to perform very basic operations such as saving database files. I would check to make sure the disk hasn't run out of space, both in the Docker container and externally. You may also want to run a hard drive scan to check for disk errors. Let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Hi Luke

The disk array this docker is on has close to 4tb free and the disks have other Dockers on them which are working fine

I have checked the disks 1 by 1 to ensure its not a disk issue and I can read/write to them all with no issues, it seems that only EMBY is having the trouble.

On the same disk I also have a mariadb install which can alter database files without issues

In the docker I have even tried to set a user and group to rule out a user access issue but that didn't fix anything

Jamie

I understand you are perceiving this as an Emby problem and there's probably nothing we can do to change your mind, but please understand that all we're trying to do is tell the operating system to save a file, and it's coming back with Disk I/O error. So if you're certain there are no hardware issues then there is probably something in the docker container that is mis-configured.

Hi Luke,

Sorry if my last post came across wrong

So i've tried installing EMBY on a different set of disks and a fresh install worked fine. I then copies my entire config folder to the new location and the errors came back so it seems something weird was in my config files.

Tried a new install on the old drives and the issue was there from the start, new install on the never drive and it seems fine. I will keep trying to figure out the issue and hopefully its something easy to resolve like a symlink issue

Jamie

Edit

Ok so it does seem like a symlink issue on our end. For anyone that doesn't know how unraid works it have multiple mount points, below is my mounts for a 2 disk system

• A "user" share that accesses the entire drive array
  • A "user0" share that access the entire drive array but bypasses anything to do with cache drives
  • A "cache" share that uses only the cache drive
  • A "disk1" share which accesses disk1 directly
  • A "disk2" share that accesses disk 2 directly

Mounting the /config folder to the following works fine

• cache
  • disk1
  • disk2

Using the other methods failed with the Disk IO issue, so it seems that anything using the unraid array system fails

Jamie

Edited by bigjme