Trailer plugin showing trailers from 3 years ago

wyerd

aptalca

Guys, I found this github repo which seems to be the source code for the trailers plugin. According to the linked page, it seems to use three sources: hd-trailers.net, movie-list.com and apple trailers: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Channels/tree/master/MediaBrowser.Plugins.Trailers/Providers

I also noticed that the new and upcoming trailers section lists movies from 2013, 2014 and 2015 (as well as 2017) but not a single one from 2016. Most if not all of the 2016 movies are in the bluray section. It looks like it's an issue with the scraper, not the source/s. And probably a simple fix for someone familiar with the code. I'm not sure why @@Luke hasn't responded here yet

Edited by aptalca
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We are trying to work on solutions but it is a complex problem.

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

mwongjay

I used to use the trailers plugin, but also was turned off by the content and subsequently removed it was not really of any value. Would be interested in seeing an update that pull in recent trailers.

Can you elaborate what the problem is? This might allow additional solutions to be discussed.

• Like 1

pir8radio

cough (sort order release date descending) cough...

aspdend

I used to use the trailers plugin, but also was turned off by the content and subsequently removed it was not really of any value. Would be interested in seeing an update that pull in recent trailers.

Can you elaborate what the problem is? This might allow additional solutions to be discussed.

I agree - I used to use it, still have it installed in the hope it will become relevant again sometime...

DGMayor

Appreciate the update, EBR!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Emby team,

Sorry to keep bumping this thread, but the trailers plugin is in a very sad state. And since the trailers is an advertised "premiere" feature, its sad state is getting to be pretty embarrassing for the project.

I'll admit, the main feature that got me excited about premiere when I first switched to emby was the trailers support. Unfortunately, I had to resort to turning trailers off in emby and using the kodi plugin Cinema Vision instead.

In the "New and upcoming in theaters" section, there are a total of 56 trailers listed. Below is the breakdown:

Total: 56

Already out in theaters: 52

Upcoming: 4

Movie release dates:

2012: 1

2013: 20

2014: 12

2015: 7

2016: 0

2017: 22

There are almost as many trailers from 2013 as there are from 2017.

Another interesting tidbit is that there are no trailers listed from 2016 and there are very few from 2015. It seems those trailers were moved over to the bluray section???

At the very least, can we add a filter to only include trailers from 2017 and on? That shouldn't be too complicated, right?

I saw that the emby team acknowledged the issue, and they said it wouldn't be an easy fix. Can you at least elaborate on the issue/s and point us in the right direction so at least the community members can take a crack at potential fixes?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

We are planning a trailers overhaul so stay tuned, thanks.

Hi, the latest status information is in post #34. Thank you for your patience.

Well, I did post this back in December and it's described as one of the main features of a Premier Account of which I subscribe to, so I'd say that I've been pretty patient already. Can you give an ETA on when we can expect this feature to be working again?

Edited by wyerd
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
DGMayor

We are planning a trailers overhaul so stay tuned, thanks.

Is this working all of a sudden? I'm seeing new trailers but I never saw the plugin update.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
thefever

I'm so glad the trailers plugin is working again! Thank you for the hard work! The trailers plugin is one of my favorite parts of Emby.

• 4 months later...
Devdroid

Is there something wrong with the trailer plugin again? I can't seem to find any new trailers after Show dogs and Tully. Those have been the two latest added for quite some time now. Well, for me at least :)

I noticed because I was looking for the latest Predator trailer, but couldn't find it at all. 

Edited by Devdroid

Happy2Play

It still shows a lot of new movies but hasn't added anything new in awhile., "New and Upcoming Movies on Dvd & Blu-ray" is blanjk also.

Devdroid

It still shows a lot of new movies but hasn't added anything new in awhile., "New and Upcoming Movies on Dvd & Blu-ray" is blanjk also.

Yes, it does display quite a few new movies, but it seems to have stopped adding newer ones. 

Check this: https://trailers.apple.com/

You have the new mission impossible movie, the Predator movie, the new Queen movie (Bohemian Rhapsody),, Deadpool 2 etc. None of those show up in the trailer plugin, but they should be available by now. 

Edited by Devdroid