Trailer plugin showing trailers from 3 years ago

wyerd

In the server manager I've selected include trailers from new and upcoming movies, but it's playing trailers from 2013. How can I remove these old ones?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

@@Luke

What is the trailers purge criteria?  As it looks there is a limit of around 102 and it does not appear  to purge the oldest trailer when new ones appear.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

Even though I've selected only new trailers, I'm seeing very old trailers. It seems to play trailers in accordance with the age of the movie I'm playing.

587aef9b58a19_Snapshot_442.jpg

Vidman

You have selected trailers from new and upcoming movies from the trailers channel plugin, not only new trailers. Go look at those actual channels, some of the items ain't that new

Edited by Vidman

Guest asrequested

You have selected trailers from new and upcoming movies from the trailers channel plugin, not only new trailers. Go look at those actual channels, some of the items ain't that new

So it'll play whatever it wants? Even trailers that are decades old? That sucks! I only wanted new trailers :(

I guess it does say 'include'....meh

Edited by Doofus

Do you have any local trailers in with your movies? Any local trailers you have are recognized and playable, this part of the core server still functions(downloading trailers locally is gone though *rip*) without using the trailer plugin. This is why the plugin uses the word "include" as its on top of what you have locally. You unchecked the 1,200 old movie trailer archive. But like vidman said, the setting in the plugin is only as good as the sources used to scrape from.

Emby isnt curating the contents of the plugin. The plugin itself is generating that by scraping stuff. The new dvd/bluray releases, new to netflix, etc..those could possibly be decades old. Notice you left new to netflix checked. Using New and upcoming movies checked all by itself, and uncheck the rest, should be just that. If you have local trailers too, these get mixed in, keep that in mind. There is no way to not use local trailers too unless you dont have any local trailers to begin with.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

Guest asrequested

Do you have any local trailers in with your movies? Any local trailers you have are recognized and playable, this part of the core server still functions(downloading trailers locally is gone though *rip*) without using the trailer plugin. This is why the plugin uses the word "include" as its on top of what you have locally. You unchecked the 1,200 old movie trailer archive. But like vidman said, the setting in the plugin is only as good as the sources used to scrape from.

Emby isnt curating the contents of the plugin. The plugin itself is generating that by scraping stuff. The new dvd/bluray releases, new to netflix, etc..those could be possibly decades old. Notice you left new to netflix checked. Using New and upcoming movies checked all by itself, and uncheck the rest, should be just that. If you have local trailers too, these get mixed in, keep that in mind. There is no way to not use local trailers too unless you dont have any local trailers to begin with.

Nothing local, I just use the plugin. It's not a big deal. It's just until recently, I only ever saw new releases, then all of a sudden I'm seeing trailers from last century. 

587bdd09c3458_Snapshot_452.jpg

Edited by Doofus

@@Happy2Play

Error: Nested too deeply (infinite recursion?)

Is this to keep spider bots from traversing this thread?

Vidman

Emby isnt curating the contents of the plugin. The plugin itself is generating that by scraping stuff. The new dvd/bluray releases, new to netflix, etc..those could possibly be decades old. Notice you left new to netflix checked. Using New and upcoming movies checked all by itself, and uncheck the rest, should be just that. If you have local trailers too, these get mixed in, keep that in mind. There is no way to not use local trailers too unless you dont have any local trailers to begin with.

Actually there is a separate check box just below the screenshoted items above to select if your local trailers will be used

Also there is a 3rd party plugin available by radeon (the same Dev that makes the theme media plugins in the official emby plugin catalogue) that will download trailers locally from youtube. It costs a few dollars

Edited by Vidman

• 3 weeks later...
pir8radio

Does the trailer plugin even work any more?  I have it installed and options selected but the "trailers" page still says "no trailers found, install the trailers plugin......."

Happy2Play

Does the trailer plugin even work any more?  I have it installed and options selected but the "trailers" page still says "no trailers found, install the trailers plugin......."

Which Trailers page "Movies-Trailers" or the Trailer Channel? 

Don't see "no trailers found" on any of my test system when installing plugin.  My guess is you haven't when into the channel yet to populate it.

But yes there is this topic and another on stale information and updates issues.

Edited by Happy2Play

pir8radio

I don't even see a channels option. All i see is movie/trailers.  Did I miss a setup.

Happy2Play

There are new trailers as of 2/3 but what is up with 2013 through lets say 2015? I would think is should only contain 2016/2017 by now.

Here is an example from "New and Upcoming in Theaters" page 2 (sorted by release date/decending), there is even one from 1982 but is was added 10/16/2016.
58983f97cfee9_trailers.jpg

The newest "New and Upcoming Movies on Dvd & Blu-ray" has a release date of 11/04/2016.

Guest asrequested

There are new trailers as of 2/3 but what is up with 2013 through lets say 2015? I would think is should only contain 2016/2017 by now.

Here is an example from "New and Upcoming in Theaters" page 2 (sorted by release date/decending), there is even one from 1982 but is was added 10/16/2016.

58983f97cfee9_trailers.jpg

The newest "New and Upcoming Movies on Dvd & Blu-ray" has a release date of 11/04/2016.

Maybe they've only just been release on Blu-ray? 

• 4 months later...
DGMayor

Bumping out of curiosity.. Haven't seen new trailers in months.  I have only New and Upcoming checked and my trailer section is currently 63 trailers.  Only 22 of those are from 2017.  Some date back to 2012!    

I miss watching new trailers! :)

Happy2Play

Also out of curiosity, what is the trailer source for this plugin?

I would assume movie-list.com looking at the url in the log when playing a trailer.

• Like 1

aptalca

Thanks, I checked out movie-list.com and unfortunately they have a very limited selection of trailers. That is the first problem (no trailers added between April 14th and June 21st)

Of course the second problem is that the plugin scrapes trailers from 2013- as if they are new and coming soon. 

I was wondering if another source would be better. I can think of traileraddict.com, which has a public api. Others (kodi) use apple trailers, by scraping their feed (not entirely kosher).

Who is the lead developer of this plugin? Is it Luke?

Thanks

Edited by aptalca
  • Like 3

DGMayor

Others (kodi) use apple trailers, by scraping their feed (not entirely kosher).

Thanks

The devs will not scrape, period.  If there's an open API, great.  Otherwise, we're kind of stuck.

aptalca

The devs will not scrape, period. If there's an open API, great. Otherwise, we're kind of stuck.

Understood. Then traileraddict is a good option since they do have an api.

• Like 2