Theatre is angry. Can't play anything

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

OK, so to preface, I just got home and booted up ET, which worked fine earlier so as far as I know, nothing has changed. The plan was to put a tv show on shuffle. First thing I noticed was when entering the show's main page, the tv theme didn't play. The background flashed black, then nothing. So I hit shuffle like usual, and the first episode opens and immediately goes to the next, then the next and so on. Nothing plays, and ET seems to either immediately skip the episode, or it's as if they don't exist and it just tries the next ep.

Weird. So I then figured I'd try and play a specific episode and see if the same thing happens. It does. When starting an episode, the screen goes black and has the circle icon, and then jumps to the next episode, then the next, until I hit stop.

Figured I'd do some testing, and everything works fine on both the android app and playing through chrome, so it's definitely an ET issue. I reinstalled 2.5.32, and the issue persists, and still does when I rolled back to 2.5.30. Currently I'm on 2.5.32 again. Never seen this before, it's very strange. Attached the 2 most recent logs, hopefully you guys can take a look :)

Edit: I immediately went into the server dashboard and an update was available. The issue was there before updating, and is still there after updating. Currently on server build 3.1.1.0

theater-63617945355.txt

theater-63617945370.txt

Edited by Jack Burton

Ok, I think there's something about the file causing an error with it. What video renderer have you configured in settings?

Jack Burton

Tried 2 movies. One that I know has a movie theme (which didn't play) and the movie wouldn't play either. Tried a second movie of a different format and still no go. Tried another show through resuming, and the same thing. Another show of a different format wouldn't play either, and it only had the tv theme (no video) which also didn't play (just had the music icon in the top right flash on and off. Also, I use a custom intro for movies which didn't play either.

Jack Burton

Yep, all the shows and movies I've tried have been played before. When I get a bit more time I'll play with it more, might try a clean install. Thanx for taking the time. Seems like a very strange bug

You could try deleting this folder

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\COMObjects

That will reset the internal libraries (lav, etc).

Jack Burton

Just tried a few more shows and movies and so far it persists in all media. Interestingly, when playing from resume, the show/movie stays in the resume section, suggesting it's not skipping to the end, maybe it's just skipping to the next file for some reason?

Jack Burton

Just tried playing music as well and it's the same, loading the first song then immediately going to the next

Edit: Not really sure how the logs work, but I decided to check it out anyway. Comparing to a log that was working, the madvr portion is different. On the new logs that won't play anything madvr is set to true, the old ones that worked are set to false.

Edit 2: Of course after changing the renderer to evr+, the log has madvr set to false and the files still won't play

New Log:

theater-63617993909.txt

Edited by Jack Burton

Jack Burton

Fixed! I think. Really not sure what caused it though. So last night nothing worked in ET, so I just watched through chrome which worked fine. This morning I checked ET again, and still had the issue. I tried adding external players to check if it was the ET internal player, and externals didn't work either. Wanted to double check that part, so I played a file straight from the folder through a player, bypassing emby. Video played but there was no audio, and none on my system at all. Weird since I didn't change anything. Checked my playback devices for audio and for whatever reason had 2 HDMI output devices. The default one wouldn't produce a test tone, but the new one did. Swapped the default, and played a file in a video player. Audio was back, great. Opened ET and all the files I attempted to play through resume before were now gone as if finished, and files seem to be playing normally. Don't know how an audio issue would affect things like that, or if that was even the primary problem, but it seems sorted. Will probe more after work. Thanx for the help Luke, always appreciated