Update Report – Emby Server 3.1.0

taylorbourne

taylorbourne

Just a head up to @@Luke and other devs, when updating my server from 3.0.8500 to 3.1.0 on OSX I was required to do a fresh install. Once the update was completed, I couldn't reach the server via the browser locally or remotely. I had been wanting to do a clean install for a while so it wasn't a huge deal, but others may run into this and become stuck. Once I wiped out any remaining Emby data and did a fresh install using the 3.1.0 installer everything seems to be working OK.

Edit – also, just a random 3.1.0 question.. I have noticed that the web app is a bit snappier than it was before – do these same speed improvements apply to the various Emby clients as well (specifically Fire TV)?

Edited by taylorbourne

What do you mean required to do a fresh install? And yes you should see performance improvements with every Emby app.

taylorbourne

What do you mean required to do a fresh install? And yes you should see performance improvements with every Emby app.

When I downloaded and ran the OSX installer to update to 3.1.0, my server would no longer start up properly. I could see that Emby was running via the task manager, but trying to hit it via the web browser did not work locally or remotely. I was kind of in a panic as I had users waiting for the server to spin back up, so I didn't have time to manually fish out my logs and report here. So I wiped out my Emby data in the emby-server/ folder and ran the installer from scratch. Library scan seems to have been stuck at 95% for a while now, but everything else is working properly.

Ok, I bet if you had given it a little more time it probably would have been OK, but glad you're back up and running.

taylorbourne

I waited about 20 minutes or so before I decided it wasn't going to start up.. but I gotta admit you could be right, it just wasn't the update experience I have been used to. Run the installer, re-launch the server, wait a few minutes for start up, and bang. Anyway, like you said up and running and so far happy with all the new changes. Thanks again.