Issues with SendPlayStateCommand

GlennNZ

GlennNZ

Hi Luke

I am having some major inconsistencies with PlayStateCommand Behaviour.

I have created a new APIendpoint for remote control of a specified client - in line with SessionService code.

(https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/blob/1642b7316309c703e47094ef31b2b98be649103e/MediaBrowser.Api/Session/SessionsService.cs)

Essentially sending a PlayStateCommand like

[Route("/Sessions/{Id}/Playing/{Command}", "POST", Summary = "Issues a playstate command to a client")]

It works - in the Web Browser for Pause (so must be sending details correctly)

But no other command works - nothing else - Unpause, NextTrack PlayStateCommands sent to the web browser client - returns this error in inputmanager.  Similar inconsistent control in Emby.Theatre.

What is going on?

Thanks

Glenn

58522c0ce968a_Unpause.png

GlennNZ

I stand corrected - testing back to Theatre - the SendPlayStateCommands - all function:

The previous Theatre inconsistencies - was probably at my end - so when moved to Web Interface to run debug console - these other issues became apparent.

Some of my testing issues - relates to restarting the server - whilst Emby Theatre reconnects to the server- the remote control does not correctly function unless theatre and server restarted

Will run Theatre in Web Browser to continue to debug.

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

GlennNZ

Yes.

That is correct.

Emby theatre correctly responses to Playstatecommands - IF closed and restarted following a server restart. If server restarted whilst theatre remains running (probably not uncommon scenario) variable response to sendplaystate commands.

Build in web app - has the JavaScript errors you can see in the first post with the sendplaystate commands. (Rendering it a bit unhelpful for testing as I found)

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

• 3 weeks later...