HDHomerun Aspect ratio problem

maegibbons

maegibbons

And just a general comment on this beta version. Channel/recording starting is really very fast a major difference for me here.  Seeking to a new position is also excellent too!  Really good work! Thank you!

Krs

Mark

Looks like some sort of problem with the file itself:

[matroska @ 0x13d84a0] Codec for stream 1 does not use global headers but container format requires global headers
[matroska @ 0x13d84a0] Error parsing AAC extradata, unable to determine samplerate.
Output #0, matroska, to '/var/lib/emby-server/transcoding-temp/e3f184187d171f74f63600df50322d43.mkv':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : Lavf56.40.101
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (libx264) (H264 / 0x34363248), yuv420p, 1024x576 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=-1--1, 1253 kb/s, 25 fps, 1k tbn, 25 tbc
    Metadata:
      encoder         : Lavc56.60.100 libx264
    Stream #0:1: Audio: aac ([255][0][0][0] / 0x00FF), 48000 Hz, stereo, 64 kb/s
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (native) -> h264 (libx264))
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (copy)
Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?): Invalid argument

@ebr this is one of a few LIVE IPTV chanels that are still blank screen but have sound. 

Krs

Mark

All ffmpeg sees in that stream is audio...

Input #0, mpegts, from 'http://link.softiptv.com:2500/live/waWCmxlBUn/jaks8jLzsp/2159.ts':
  Duration: N/A, start: 4281.407567, bitrate: 119 kb/s
  Program 1 
    Metadata:
      service_name    : Service01
      service_provider: FFmpeg
    Stream #0:0[0x100]: Audio: aac (LC) ([15][0][0][0] / 0x000F), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 119 kb/s

maegibbons

@ebr Unfortunately NONE of my movie content plays on the internal player in the Beta.  Fine if i use VLC as an external player but obviously you loose played position when you exit.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

@ebr hi again.  I enclose herewith a transcode of exactly the same file to my phone - which works.

The only difference i can see is that in the one that fails it is trying to create a stream.mkv whereas the working one is a stream.ts.

Krs

Mark

transcode-working.txt

Edited by maegibbons

maegibbons

All ffmpeg sees in that stream is audio...

Input #0, mpegts, from 'http://link.softiptv.com:2500/live/waWCmxlBUn/jaks8jLzsp/2159.ts':
  Duration: N/A, start: 4281.407567, bitrate: 119 kb/s
  Program 1 
    Metadata:
      service_name    : Service01
      service_provider: FFmpeg
    Stream #0:0[0x100]: Audio: aac (LC) ([15][0][0][0] / 0x000F), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 119 kb/s

@ebr please ignore this one with just audio.  You are right the stream is broken at this moment.  But if you could comment on the .mkv and .ts issue one in the previous post i would appreciate it.

Krs

Mark

Well, your original problem was with other videos not working when converted to .ts so this beta will use .mkv with your ffmpeg version.  Seems we are damned if we do and damned if we don't with your particular combination of components here.

If you go back to the now current release version of the app, does that video play properly?

maegibbons

@ebr wow this is frustrating!

Ok so I tried release version and no it does not play just sound.

Went back to current beta and tried Lukes version of ffmpeg from

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Resources/blob/master/ffmpeg/linux/ffmpeg-git-20160215-64bit-static.7z

This gave sound on the mkv stream but no picture - at least no error.

HOWEVER, with this ffmpeg all my live tv are transcoding and i have no sound!!!  With system ffmpeg they direct play. 

So I have gone back to system shipped ffmpeg.  I still cannot play any movies.  The last time this worked was release before current release when you warned me we needed to fix this because that release wouldnt be around for long!!

Krs

Mark

Ok so I tried release version and no it does not play just sound.

This isn't the item that actually only has sound, right...?

If not, did you use the "!" button to try and correct the no video/audio situation?

This all may come down to the newer versions of the Android framework and/or player not working nicely with your off-brand box I'm afraid but hopefully we can figure something out.

maegibbons

Correct.  Forget about the sound only LIVE stream in ffmpeg that was a stream issue.

This is a recording of the Librarians that plays fine on Mobile, transcode above in previous post as a stream.ts but was failing in the transcode above that with a stream.mkv on tv box.

On release version it plays in terms of sound but no video.  Again it played ok together with all my videos in the previous release of Emby whic was my first experience of emby coming from plex.

Issues have only been with beta which is now release.  And yes i did press the I button.

If i play external through VLC movies and Librarians recording play fine.

I have hopefully coming to me an Xioami mi box 3 so this Qbox (which is a new common box) will br relegated to secondary tv and hence will not be such a concern.  When it will arrive is anybodys guess!!!

Biggest concern is that movies will not play without VLC where we loose position.

Krs

Mark